• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I miss Murph0!

47 posts in this topic

I thought he just got to 10000 posts and decided to hang up/retire the name??!!??

I think he did that way back in 2003...his "Murph" ID got to 10.000 and he retired it and then he came back with "Murph0" and started all over.

I thought he just got to 10000 posts and decided to hang up/retire the name??!!??

I think he did that way back in 2003...his "Murph" ID got to 10.000 and he retired it and then he came back with "Murph0" and started all over.

Yep...that's what happened. It's my recollection he took a sabbatical from these boards for awhile...then reappeared with the new name...

You could tell he was getting a tad disinterested with comics before the fallout with FFB...college seems to do that to some... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After seeing one of his old threads brought back to life, I have to ask:

What ever happened to that guy?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think he got in a flame war with ffb/tth/sfilosa...one of them anyway...over some Sgt Fury peds and exited stage right.

We've emailed each other in the past month. Basically he doesn't seem to be buying (or interested) in comics as much.

I think he might get interested if the prices come down on some runs he wants to collect. I know he wanted a nice CGC 9.6 run of early SA Captain America's but he said he thought they were still too expensive considering that many of them are common (even in that grade). He did sell a $2K Pacific Coast book on Pedigree Comics in the past month or two (he offered it to me but I was happy with my CGC 9.2 copy). Another registry owner bought it.

So he's somewhat around.