• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zero population book mislabeled in submission tracking
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I just noticed while tracking my submission which is currently in Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging that one of the books I submitted is mislabeled as being a book with a similar title from a completely different publisher. The book I sent is one that isn't currently in the census. I assume someone just selected the closest name to what they saw on the cover or something. Has anyone else run into this or had trouble submitting books that aren't in the census?

I sent a message about it through the contact page but I'm worried I'm going to get the book back with the wrong label and have to resubmit. 

I know this is probably a crazy idea, but if I had the same problem - which is time sensitive - I would call the company on the telephone immediately during business hours and speak to someone to attempt to intercept the book before it is encapsulated, packed and shipped back to you.

On 1/18/2023 at 5:48 PM, gnommando said:

I just noticed while tracking my submission which is currently in Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging that one of the books I submitted is mislabeled as being a book with a similar title from a completely different publisher. The book I sent is one that isn't currently in the census. I assume someone just selected the closest name to what they saw on the cover or something. Has anyone else run into this or had trouble submitting books that aren't in the census?

I sent a message about it through the contact page but I'm worried I'm going to get the book back with the wrong label and have to resubmit. 

I'm glad to hear CGC corrected your title.  I have run into this MANY times in the past.  When I have a book I want to have graded and I do not see it in the Online Submission drop down list, I enter the book manually.  And it's in pure black and white on the packing slip.  I don't know if it's Receiving or some other group that enters the information into Submission Tracking but it's been my experience that the books you enter in manually?  It's like no one even bothered to look at the packing slip.  So what's the point?  Whoever enters the books doesn't seem very detail oriented or they don't know what they're looking at and they just put down something other than what's on the packing slip.  And when you contact customer service, they tell you the graders will catch it and correct it.  HA!  Not in some submissions I've sent in.  The graders miss it too and I end up with a ME.

To cap off my little rant, I once called CGC Customer Service to report a problem and the agent I spoke with asked for my patience because she didn't know anything about comics.  Oy vey.

On 1/19/2023 at 10:52 AM, workingdog said:

I'm glad to hear CGC corrected your title.  I have run into this MANY times in the past.  When I have a book I want to have graded and I do not see it in the Online Submission drop down list, I enter the book manually.  And it's in pure black and white on the packing slip.  I don't know if it's Receiving or some other group that enters the information into Submission Tracking but it's been my experience that the books you enter in manually?  It's like no one even bothered to look at the packing slip.  So what's the point?  Whoever enters the books doesn't seem very detail oriented or they don't know what they're looking at and they just put down something other than what's on the packing slip.  And when you contact customer service, they tell you the graders will catch it and correct it.  HA!  Not in some submissions I've sent in.  The graders miss it too and I end up with a ME.

To cap off my little rant, I once called CGC Customer Service to report a problem and the agent I spoke with asked for my patience because she didn't know anything about comics.  Oy vey.

Well it seems someone is paying attention to the contact page messages so for anyone else running into this with books that aren't on the census here's what I did.

I sent a message refencing both the submission number and the item number telling them that the description in submission tracking was wrong. 
I mentioned the book didn't currently exist in the census and I listed all of the following details for the book hoping to make it easier for them to confirm. 

Name
Issue number
Publisher
Publish date
Cover artist
Writer
Artists