• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting comic graded w/o COA

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a book that was a comiccon exclusive. It was signed by 3 of the creators but came without a COA. The book is only a 1 of 300 and a comiccon exclusive. Is it worth getting it graded, and will CGC give it the yellow label even without the COA. It's  authentic and all books from the ComicCon did not have the COA. What's the best path forward here?

Thank you.

The book will receive a green (qualified) label in the absence of a CGC witness. Lots of factors can play into slabbing a book such as preservation of a comic for your pc, selling, etc. It really boils down to personal preference. I don’t collect moderns but I’d be surprised to see a qualified slab raise the value much for a modern.

Whether it is worth it to grade would depend largely on the grade, the book, the signer, and your personal subjective definition of “worth it”.  

the “best move” would be related to the above and again totally subjective 

note that there are some other companies that might have signature authentications, which are respectfully not discussed here but can be found fairl easily through internet searches