• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Is there a simplified way to mail in comics for grading. A lot of my books are Virgin covers with no info and never been opened. I know the characters and don't recall all the prices paid for. Its a bit difficult to fill out the form and not know the exacts of the books. Instead of trying to do each one individually and all the extra selections making it a bit hard for me to navigate for sending. Thanks!

On 1/20/2023 at 4:10 AM, TallMan said:

Is there a simplified way to mail in comics for grading. A lot of my books are Virgin covers with no info and never been opened. I know the characters and don't recall all the prices paid for. Its a bit difficult to fill out the form and not know the exacts of the books. Instead of trying to do each one individually and all the extra selections making it a bit hard for me to navigate for sending. Thanks!

I'm not sure you fully have the grasp of filling out the form, but hopefully this clarifies a bit:

1.  You need to know the name and variant/edition of each book you have, and YOU need to enter all of that information into the CGC forms. Whether you do that through opening the book or looking up matching pictures online or asking a friend, that is totally up to you.  But it needs to be done by you.  I guess if its too hard maybe you could go to your local comic book store and pay someone to do it for you?

2.  How much you paid for each comic is largely irrelevant.  For example, someone might have paid 10 cents for the first Batman comic 80 years ago, but its worth at least triple that now.  The important part is the current market value, with respect to filling out the CGC form.  Make your best estimate based on available market research, it is largely for insurance purposes.  

3.  Nothing wrong with calling/emailing CGC with specific questions about working through specific parts of the CGC forms.

good luck.

The only way to tell what issue a "virgin" cover is, is to (carefully) open the book and read the indicia.  
You can also look at the UPC for issue number, variant cover edition, and what printing it is.  
Look up a tutorial online on how to decipher the UPC information, but the indicia is rather straightforward.  

Sometimes it might depend how well the comic is doing

F67D0209-5447-4285-A8F6-6BCC0AE35B07.jpeg