• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Winter Edition (#5) Round 2
12 12

137 posts in this topic

I had 

2.5 vs 2.0 splitting hairs

4.5 vs 5.0 splitting hairs

5.5 vs 4.5 I thought the subscrition crease looked like it didn't break much color and was pretty well-pressed

8.5 vs 7.5 It didn't look that bad to me

4.0 vs 5.5 this one looked like an ugly 4.0 to me...but newer books don't seem to go as low as the older ones, even when they are ugly...and who submitted this in the first place? (tsk)

On 2/4/2023 at 12:21 PM, Point Five said:

I count 6 creases just on the front cover. And the grading notes say... keep on counting 'cause there's MORE on the back!  :banana:

And yet I was right.* :sumo:

*On this book only. Let us not not speak of Wonder Woman.

Bullseyes on the first two.  Off by one on the WW and ST.  Under by two on the Showcase 94 and I couldn't even see any creases on the back cover.  Fugly book.  I'd take the Wonder Woman over that one any day.

Four points total, I'll take it.

I missed the sub crease on the WW (which I now can see on the back, not the front, but I could have sworn there was a light "tide" mark on the back top of the Strange Tales...

I may need stronger glasses...or to wear them;)

• Administrator
On 2/3/2023 at 8:24 PM, JollyComics said:

What is the lowest points for this round?

:popcorn:

I hope to post the results thread tomorrow.  I don't know if it will be in the morning or evening.  Leaning towards the evening.  

• Administrator
On 2/3/2023 at 9:02 PM, CGC Mike said:
On 2/3/2023 at 8:24 PM, JollyComics said:

What is the lowest points for this round?

:popcorn:

I hope to post the results thread tomorrow.  I don't know if it will be in the morning or evening.  Leaning towards the evening. 

Actually, I believe 1 person had a score of 1