• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could a Restored label comic earn a higher a grade as a Qualified label
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I'm curious if a Restored label comic could come back a higher grade if regraded as a Qualified label comic. I have seen Universal labeled books with missing pages, coupons, or pieces receive grades of 0.5 and 1.5, and similarly flawed Qualified labeled books receive varying grades, which, I'm guessing, are based on cover conditions and page quality. However, I don't think I've noticed a Qualified book with restoration noted in the label, so I don't know if a Restored label comic can be regraded as a Qualified labeled book and get a higher grade. When submitting a book, and you don't know if it has restoration or is incomplete, are you contacted about which classification you would like?

Thanks for your time and replies,

Chris

On 1/30/2023 at 10:23 PM, AliTabooger said:

I'm curious if a Restored label comic could come back a higher grade if regraded as a Qualified label comic.

In CGC's system, this will not happen. (tsk)

An unrestored comic may be certified with a Qualified (Green Label) Grade if it has one of several very specific defects (such as a missing interior leaf or leaves) and its condition grade aside from that defect is high enough.  The same option is NOT available with restored specimens, which will ALWAYS be certified with an "apparent" Restored Grade (that reflects each and every defect present) and encapsulated with a Purple Label.  Here are a few examples:

RQ-1.thumb.jpg.87b8cc1b14b98f682f9e0032a0c81b6c.jpg RQ-2.thumb.jpg.3406f2eabcf954e4146b7392fbf85a4a.jpg RQ-3.thumb.jpg.a1884d372328d7b410df9147582f7fda.jpg RQ-4.thumb.jpg.f19f8cdf35a97d8799c021dabcd73e54.jpg

I hope this helps.   :foryou:

On 1/31/2023 at 1:23 AM, AliTabooger said:

When submitting a book, and you don't know if it has restoration or is incomplete,

It's possible 100% of the time when submitting a book to know whether it is complete or not by simply counting the pages and also looking to make sure nothing is cut or clipped from those pages.

Edited by Dick Pontoon