• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Quality Control - What is going on?
2 2

22 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2023 at 5:44 PM, CGC Mike said:

The fix at no charge list contains the only items that have no time limit, and the person doesn't have to be the submitter.  The above scuffing has a 2 week time limit.  

FIX NO CHARGE:

Wrong label information

Book inserted wrong

Book pinched between inner well seal

Debris inside holder

REHOLDER/REPAIR FEE:

Holder scratches

Cracked/damaged holders

Damaged books

I've lucked out with the second category you mention. Maybe because I have had around 400 comics graded in the past two years? Loose books that move within slab, debris, cracks, etc. even a month out. No charges and they have come back corrected. I just sent in several more and am confident the same service will continue (crossing fingers!). 

However, as mentioned previously, I had an entire submission damaged by CGC that was "re-slabbed" but no luck on admission of guilt for hideous grades, or even an offering of any discount, apology, etc. to make up for the loss. All the same corner crunch and no I did not have pics of comic condition before I sent which was their major position to hold onto. Just sayin'.... :)

Yet, I still keep sending them in. 

Edited by CHASEnBLUE