• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Portland, OR Comic Shop Hit 3 Times in 3 Weeks!
2 2

22 posts in this topic

A couple of anti theft tips for cons…

If some one comes up and sits a stack of comics on top of your books, offer them a bag. If they refuse, tell them to put them on the floor.

Also, use a piece of clear packing tape along the bottom front open edge of your boxes. This prevents some one from slipping out a book at the bottom. Caught a frustrated kid trying to do it recently and I threw him out of my booth.

I once caught a kid trying to steal. I grabbed his phone out of his hand. (There are those who can’t buy something without a phone…:roflmao:). I told him if he wanted it back to go get security. He did and security made him call his mom to come pick him up.

Anybody else got any anti theft tips? 

On 2/9/2023 at 10:42 AM, Robot Man said:

Also, use a piece of clear packing tape along the bottom front open edge of your boxes. This prevents some one from slipping out a book at the bottom. Caught a frustrated kid trying to do it recently and I threw him out of my booth.

Tricky