• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Topps Chrome Registry Sets Need Correction

19 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 2/2/2023 at 10:18 PM, NamesJay said:

There are separate sets for regular Chrome, Spectra, Sparkle and Tekno, but there is not a master set for all of these variants.

Also, I don't think there is any such thing as Rainbow Foil for Topps Chrome.

This applies for Series 1 and Series 2.

Thanks for the suggestion! We may add a master set for these in the future.

Here is an example of the Topps Chrome Rainbow Foil 

image.png

On 2/3/2023 at 6:40 PM, CGC Lyndsey said:

Thanks for the suggestion! We may add a master set for these in the future.

Here is an example of the Topps Chrome Rainbow Foil 

image.png

This is not the Topps Chrome set. This is just the Topps set. There are no Spectra Rainbow foil cards in Chrome. The only subsets are regular (non-holo), Spectra, Sparkle and Tekno.

On 2/4/2023 at 10:11 AM, NamesJay said:

This is not the Topps Chrome set. This is just the Topps set. There are no Spectra Rainbow foil cards in Chrome. The only subsets are regular (non-holo), Spectra, Sparkle and Tekno.

From my understanding on another post I had about all the cards listed in the Snorlax Registry set, there is a "Spectra Chrome (Rainbow Foil) error varient without the Spectra texture. So since it is missing the texture, it appears to just be rainbow-y.

So that makes all the variants as, regular non-holo, regular Chrome, Spectra, Error Spectra (looks just rainbow since missing the texture), Sparkle, and Tekno.

From my understanding on another post I had about all the cards listed in the Snorlax Registry set, there is a "Spectra Chrome (Rainbow Foil) error varient without the Spectra texture. So since it is missing the texture, it appears to just be rainbow-y.

So that makes all the variants as, regular non-holo, regular Chrome, Spectra, Error Spectra (looks just rainbow since missing the texture), Sparkle, and Tekno.

• Administrator

I did send the wrong card image. I'm sorry for any confusion. The cards listed as "Spectra Holo (Rainbow Foil)" are an error variant. They are missing the "Spectra-Chrome" text. 

• Administrator
On 2/21/2023 at 7:42 PM, JoshsPkmnCollection said:

Why are they not marked as errors?

They are not currently listed as an error on the label, so we do not have them listed as an error on the registry. But I'm looking into this a little more and will get back to you if I get more information. 

image.png

On 2/22/2023 at 10:31 AM, CGC Lyndsey said:

They are not currently listed as an error on the label, so we do not have them listed as an error on the registry. But I'm looking into this a little more and will get back to you if I get more information. 

Thanks. There are a bunch of errors that I have mentioned previously that are not mentioned as such on the labels which I think is a mistake. PSA recently started labeling errors as well, and they are beginning to bridge the gap. I tried submitting an email to CGC as you mentioned I should do previously and they were not helpful so I'm not sure what steps I can take to ensure this is corrected.

• Administrator
On 2/22/2023 at 11:31 PM, JoshsPkmnCollection said:

Thanks. There are a bunch of errors that I have mentioned previously that are not mentioned as such on the labels which I think is a mistake. PSA recently started labeling errors as well, and they are beginning to bridge the gap. I tried submitting an email to CGC as you mentioned I should do previously and they were not helpful so I'm not sure what steps I can take to ensure this is corrected.

I'm sorry submitting an email to customer service was not helpful. I'm still working on this and I will definitely let you know if I get any more information. 

On 2/6/2023 at 10:17 AM, CGC Lyndsey said:

I did send the wrong card image. I'm sorry for any confusion. The cards listed as "Spectra Holo (Rainbow Foil)" are an error variant. They are missing the "Spectra-Chrome" text. 

Hi Lyndsey! Earlier your example of Wigglytuff only shows the front of the card, but the error is on the back, could you post the back for us to see?

Also, there are only Topps Chrome Series 1 examples of this error graded by CGC. Is CGC sure this error also appears on Series 2 cards?

• Administrator
On 2/24/2023 at 5:51 PM, SnorlaxCollective said:

Hi Lyndsey! Earlier your example of Wigglytuff only shows the front of the card, but the error is on the back, could you post the back for us to see?

Also, there are only Topps Chrome Series 1 examples of this error graded by CGC. Is CGC sure this error also appears on Series 2 cards?

Hi! Below is a front and back image of a card with the "no Spectra-Chrome text." We are doing more research on this specific error and will update when we have more information, but for now, we have removed those sets from the registry.

image.png

image.png

• Administrator
On 2/22/2023 at 11:31 PM, JoshsPkmnCollection said:

@JoshsPkmnCollection I know we discussed the errors in the Black Star Promos sets, but were there other cards that you emailed to customer service? If so, can you please provide me a list of the cards so I can look into those as well? 

On 2/27/2023 at 11:45 AM, CGC Lyndsey said:

@JoshsPkmnCollection I know we discussed the errors in the Black Star Promos sets, but were there other cards that you emailed to customer service? If so, can you please provide me a list of the cards so I can look into those as well?

Sure, here are a list of all the cards I can think of

1. POP Series 7 - 14/17 - Mareep (2008) Missing Illustrator Above Retreat Cost
  2. Base Set Shadowless - 18/102 - Dragonair (1999) "Rainbow" Ink Smear
  3. Black Star Promos WoTC - 4 - Pikachu (1999) Mewtwo Strikes Back No Stamp
  4. Black Star Promos WoTC - 3 - Mewtwo (1999) Mewtwo Strikes Back No Stamp
  5. Black Star Promos WoTC - 5 - Dragonite (1999) Mewtwo Strikes Back No Stamp
  6. POP Series 7 - 2/17 - Gallade (2008) (Non Holo) Missing Illustrator Above Retreat Cost
  7. BREAKthrough - 50/162 - Raichu BREAK (2015) Inverted Back
  8. Sword & Shield - 059/202 - Inteleon (2020) Shifted Energy Cutouts Rev. Holo
  9. Black Star Promos WoTC - 2 - Electabuzz (1999) Mewtwo Strikes Back No Stamp
  10. Black Star Promos Nintendo - 002 - Groudon ex (2003) Non-Holo - No Dot Code at Bottom K-Zone Magazine
  11. BREAKthrough - 104/162 - Florges BREAK (2015) Inverted Back
  12. Black Star Promos WoTC - 4 - Pikachu (1999) Mewtwo Strikes Back Inverted Stamp
  13. Black Star Promos WoTC - 2 - Electabuzz (1999) Mewtwo Strikes Back Inverted Stamp
  14. Black Star Promos Nintendo - 001 - Kyogre ex (2003) Non-Holo - No Dot Code at Bottom K-Zone Magazine
  15. BREAKthrough - 113/162 - Noivern BREAK (2015) Inverted Back
  16. BREAKthrough - 12/162 - Chesnaught BREAK (2015) Inverted Back
  17. BREAKthrough - 79/162 - Marowak BREAK (2015) Inverted Back
  18. HeartGold & SoulSilver - 87/123 - Vulpix (2010) Incorrect Set Symbol
  19. BREAKthrough - 92/162 - Zoroark BREAK (2015) Inverted Back
  20. Black Star Promos WoTC - 3 - Mewtwo (1999) Mewtwo Strikes Back Inverted Stamp
  21. Neo Genesis 1st Edition - 17/111 - Typhlosion (2000) Holo Red Dot To Left of Expansion Symbol
  22. Base Set 1st Edition - 18/102 - Dragonair (1999) "Rainbow" Ink Smear
  23. Black Star Promos WoTC - 5 - Dragonite (1999) Mewtwo Strikes Back Inverted Stamp
  24. Ultra Prism - 120/156 - Cyrus ◇ (2018) Holo Card Text: "You can't play"
  25. Sword & Shield - 036/202 - Cinderace (2020) Rev. Holo Incorrect Retreat Cost (1)
  26. Legendary Collection - 75/110 - Exeggcute (2002) Reverse Holo Misaligned Print Layer
  27. Sword & Shield - 036/202 - Cinderace (2020) Incorrect Retreat Cost (1)
  28. Next Destinies - 102/99 - Zoroark (2012) 3 White Bars to Left of HP Holo
  29. POP Series 5 - 12/17 - Pikachu (2007) Cosmos Holo Inverted Back

Also all of the "No Set Symbol" cards, they are errors but are not denoted as such

On 2/27/2023 at 11:40 AM, CGC Lyndsey said:

Hi! Below is a front and back image of a card with the "no Spectra-Chrome text." We are doing more research on this specific error and will update when we have more information, but for now, we have removed those sets from the registry.

image.png

image.png

Thanks Lyndsey!

As of now Im still seeing the "No Spectra Text" slot in the Snorlax set.

• Administrator
On 3/1/2023 at 8:49 PM, SnorlaxCollective said:

Thanks Lyndsey!

As of now Im still seeing the "No Spectra Text" slot in the Snorlax set.

Thanks for letting me know! We'll take care of it. :) 

• Administrator
On 3/1/2023 at 7:17 PM, JoshsPkmnCollection said:

Sure, here are a list of all the cards I can think of

Thanks so much! I'm going to forward this over for review and I'll let you know once I hear back.