• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Avengers #8, Sept. '64, and Spidey #8 Jan. '64 Question on Restorations
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Good Afternoon,   As a kid I collected some comics and traded with some friends then. One of my friends at this time identified his comics with his name on the front cover.  Well, I still have a couple now that I would like to have graded and restored depending upon your estimates of either leaving the names on the center of these above comics or having them removed, (if possible).  Also, both would need pressing.  

I'm relatively new to CGC with only one group submission of comics last year.  Therefore this question as I haven't submitted comics requiring more than pressing in this earlier submission. My guess is that each would grade between 5 & 6 without restoring these covers without the name present.Can you help me decide to request this restoration or not based on your experience?  I've attached each here.  The back cover has no blemishes other than age since 1964.

Thanks,

Jim Edmonson

Spidey #8.jpg

Avengers #8.jpg

• Administrator

Hello @Jim Edmonson, thank you for contacting CGC. While we cannot comment if the grade will improve, my team believes you should send these books in for restoration. These books will be screened automatically to determine if we can do anything to help the appearance of the books and/or help the grade. Kindly keep in mind that there is a screening fee, but the fee will be waived if restoration is performed. Please let us know if we can help with anything further!