• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vancouver Fan Expo Feb 18-20

39 posts in this topic

I saw 1 (Facebook) FB ad posting for the Fan Expo Vancouver (fev) last week but saw DAILY FB ads for their Fan Expo Portland, Oregon on the SAME weekend. Their color flyers should be out at the LCS's 7 to 10 days b4 the Expo per normal. Headliners: comics artist Jason Fabok (Joker) and K. Don Rosa (Disney Ducks).

On 2/5/2023 at 9:35 AM, aardvark88 said:

I saw 1 (Facebook) FB ad posting for the Fan Expo Vancouver (fev) last week but saw DAILY FB ads for their Fan Expo Portland, Oregon on the SAME weekend. Their color flyers should be out at the LCS's 7 to 10 days b4 the Expo per normal. Headliners: comics artist Jason Fabok (Joker) and K. Don Rosa (Disney Ducks).

Yeah really weird they would overlap like that. At least there's a good group of Star Trek guests coming from Portland directly to Vancouver! Excited about that 

On 2/5/2023 at 4:41 PM, ThatNerdyCanuck said:

Yeah, really weird they would overlap like that.

LCS that is having a small island of vendor booths at FEV for 3 years running wondering why LCS did not receive any FEV flyers last year Feb, 2022 or this week ... yet.

On 2/8/2023 at 3:28 PM, aardvark88 said:

Not really, as there will be more comics at Edm Collector Con than FEV next week.

Seriously? 

You guys should actually consider coming out for the ECC. The organizers are expanding this show two a second hall since it is the 20th year anniversary show. There will be a ton of books. I am actually going to make sure I have pricing done in advance so I can go shopping before the show. Last time there were two new sellers with a lot of nice Bronze and Copper that I missed out on.

On 2/8/2023 at 2:34 PM, kimik said:

Seriously? 

FEV has successfully expanded to about 6.5 different comic vendors:

Nels' Anthill Books

Jigglypig Chad

CdnComics.net econo table

House of Markus Comics

new comic vendor from Victoria, BC area

Comics Scene, anime toys, Pokemon boxes, and hockey cards

Imperial Hobbies, some comics.

Paul's Anime Books does not appear to be vending after 3 years in a row at FEV. I expect London Drugs's electronic gaming, and Insurance Company to have booths though.

On 2/8/2023 at 3:22 PM, kimik said:

Do a lot of retail comic buyers go? What is attendance like? It may be worth setting up at next year with that limited amount of comic selling competition ....

I recommend u wait until/if greggy issues his sage emoticon FEV market report. Outside chance Harley may dance along the USA border, and vend at BOTH Fan Expos on the SAME weekend: Portland, OR, USA.

On 2/8/2023 at 3:22 PM, kimik said:

That is hardly anyone. Do a lot of retail comic buyers go? What is attendance like?

FEV would fit into the Big 4 Bldg. Hard to estimate 3 day attendance, as I usually just attend on Sat. and avoid the dice, Funko, sword and sandal vendors.

On 2/5/2023 at 4:41 PM, ThatNerdyCanuck said:

Yeah really weird they would overlap like that. At least there's a good group of Star Trek guests coming from Portland directly to Vancouver!

I sure hope u have already prepaid for your ticket, as FEV has allegedly already sold out of regular admission tickets for both Sat. and Sunday per FEV FB post. Think Star Trek: Next Generation media guests are still signing on Monday, so best of luck.

On 2/13/2023 at 8:36 AM, aardvark88 said:

I sure hope u have already prepaid for your ticket, as FEV has allegedly already sold out of regular admission tickets for both Sat. and Sunday per FEV FB post. Think Star Trek: Next Generation media guests are still signing on Monday, so best of luck.

Got a 3 day pass ages ago. Incredibly disappointed with the lack of (quality) comic vendors. But, still beyond pumped for the massive Star Trek presence this year 

On 2/13/2023 at 3:30 PM, aardvark88 said:

Here is the exciting FEV vendor directory to find Funkos, swords, sandals, insurance, pudding, tattoo stations and so much more:

https://fanexpohq.com/fanexpovancouver/exhibitor-directory/

Jiggly Pig and Ant Hill should have some decent books. Not sure about the other comic sellers.