• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best of Catwoman: Covers & Stories

3 posts in this topic

Hey! Just looking to see what people collect for Catwoman books, both covers and stories. 

Currently my favourite read, which isn’t a Catwoman story exactly is Batman: Year One. 

Oddly though, there doesn’t seem to be a quintessential collector’s book or cover for this character at all?

EB813826-0419-473D-94DC-54416A354313.jpeg

Story-wise, it'd probably be the Catwoman 4 issue mini series from the 80s.

Cover-wise, Hughes' Catwoman 51 is probably at the top, though those recent Sozomaika covers were moving like crazy when they came out. Here's the Hughes:

catwoman_51_NM.thumb.webp.1e14369bfaeb76d8dc3296b12031d19d.webp

Lois Lane 70 is also the first silver age appearance of Catwoman, and Jeph Loeb's "When in Rome" was a decent story.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

I also just read the Batman/Catwoman 12 issue run that came out last year, and I found it really interesting. I think I enjoyed it more because I had a familiarity with some of the Batman multiverse stuff and also the run in the current Batman starting with issue 24 (I'm trying to be a bit vague in case you want to read them, I don't want to spoil stuff). Basically, without spoiling anything in Batman/Catwoman, it jumps around in time a lot as a narrative tool, and Tom King (the writer) said it should be viewed as a standalone series outside of regular continuity or canon.