• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edmonton Collector Con - June 11, 2023

29 posts in this topic

For those of you in Alberta, the next Edmonton Collector Con is coming up on June 11th. 

http://edtoyshow.com/

Our group ( @thehumantorch @Artboy99 @500Club ) will be set up as usual. We will have a bunch of fresh slabs and new inventory to start the year off. 

Edited by kimik

On 2/7/2023 at 9:23 AM, thehumantorch said:

the Shaw show.  Way back.

Yes, u would not recognize me way back when @thehumantorch and I both had a full head of hair. I remember Harley helped me set up my aluminum wall rack, pre-Eegabeeva Comics sold a ton of Byrne X-men, O'Leary's Comics from Tacoma, WA, USA :headpat: all made the long drive up to the Shaw Centre.

On 2/7/2023 at 3:51 PM, aardvark88 said:

Yes, u would not recognize me way back when @thehumantorch and I both had a full head of hair. I remember Harley helped me set up my aluminum wall rack, pre-Eegabeeva Comics sold a ton of Byrne X-men, O'Leary's Comics from Tacoma, WA, USA :headpat: all made the long drive up to the Shaw Centre.

I went to a few of those shows when I got back into collecting.  I remember seeing Harley's setup for the first time and I was amazed.  Bought a bunch of SA Fantastic Fours from him.

The March ECC show is going to be a 20 year anniversary show with a second hall added. There will be tons of new books and vendors as the second hall is sold out. Here is the post from their FB page on Monday:

It's official! We have added another hall for the March 12th Collector Con at the Italian Cultural Centre! A whopping 30 more tables and a tonne of great new vendors coming your way to help us celebrate our 20th anniversary event! Can't wait to see you all!

Please note, we are currently sold out of vendor space but if you're interested in becoming a vendor, you can message us through our site at edtoyshow.com

On 2/28/2023 at 10:52 PM, kimik said:

Just a week and half left before the show.  lol 

About how many square feet (meters) is the Edm show now that it has expanded into the extra hall? Hopefully no snow that morning so good luck to Clobberin' Time at the con.

On 2/28/2023 at 10:52 PM, kimik said:

Just a week and half left before the show.

Sadly this potentially great comic-centric show has been canceled per @thehumantorch. Perhaps this inexpensive hall booked a bigger 2 day event that would have generated them more hall rental and food revenue for that same weekend.

On 3/6/2023 at 6:30 PM, aardvark88 said:

Sadly this potentially great comic-centric show has been canceled per @thehumantorch. Perhaps this inexpensive hall booked a bigger 2 day event that would have generated them more hall rental and food revenue for that same weekend.

Hey Allan.  The Pop Culture Show at the airport hanger is cancelled and the Collector Con is still on.  My mistake

Just finished pricing out 4 new boxes of slabs. Time to get some rest and start pricing the other boxes of slabs and the raw stuff tomorrow. I think I am bringing too much, but I guess whatever does not sell this Sunday will be ready to go for the Calgary Expo in April.

Edited by kimik

It sounds like it was a good show for most sellers today, with record attendance. 

I had strong day of both retail sales and few bigger slab sales. The only negative on the day was having my X-Men #14 CGC 7.0 stolen. I think it happened mid-day and two perps working in tandem. This is the copy I had stolen.

image.thumb.jpeg.5d3e8134485988aaf9ab470ff73adfde.jpeg

On 3/13/2023 at 12:38 AM, kimik said:

It sounds like it was a good show for most sellers today, with record attendance. 

I had strong day of both retail sales and few bigger slab sales. The only negative on the day was having my X-Men #14 CGC 7.0 stolen. I think it happened mid-day and two perps working in tandem. This is the copy I had stolen.

image.thumb.jpeg.5d3e8134485988aaf9ab470ff73adfde.jpeg

ugh so sorry Ryan.  Hopefully someone out there spots this

On 3/13/2023 at 1:33 AM, thehumantorch said:

sorry Ryan.  Hopefully someone out there spots this

Will let u know if it gets offered at Vancouver Comic and Toy show at the PNE April 1-2, 2023. Easy to spot, as it has Cgc's white pgs unless the crook(s) crack the slab to flip raw.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

The book has resurfaced in a local auction house. I have notified Kastner Auctions and the Edmonton Police Service. Hopefully I get it back at some point.

https://bidlive.kauctions.ca/SEALED-MARVEL-COMICS-X-MEN-14_i48337798

Thank you @bellrules for notifying me.

Edited by kimik

On 3/25/2023 at 12:50 PM, kimik said:

The book has resurfaced in a local auction house. I have notified Kastner Auctions and the Edmonton Police Service. Hopefully I get it back at some point.

https://bidlive.kauctions.ca/SEALED-MARVEL-COMICS-X-MEN-14_i48337798

Thank you @bellrules for notifying me.

Glad you are getting your book back Ryan!

I failed to check if this was your book yesterday until I went to Kastner for a pick up today and then I remembered to ask about it. I guess it's taken care of though, according to the manager.

PM me if you get a face/name to the crime. I'm doing some sleuthing on my end, lol.