• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - ASM #66
1 1

12 posts in this topic

IDK if that's a printer's crease going from Spider-Man's hand out, It's pretty heavy. There are several things that look like printer's creases, which aren't treated as defects per se, but having multiple and long ones does impact the aesthetic appeal. There's also something going on in the dark ink along the spine. Some color rub or something. 7.0±0.5 with some uncertainty.

On 2/7/2023 at 9:03 PM, scburdet said:

IDK if that's a printer's crease going from Spider-Man's hand out, It's pretty heavy. There are several things that look like printer's creases, which aren't treated as defects per se, but having multiple and long ones does impact the aesthetic appeal. There's also something going on in the dark ink along the spine. Some color rub or something. 7.0±0.5 with some uncertainty.

Something new to me. I hadn't heard about printer's creases but yes, on the front cover there are two creases converging at Spider-Man's hand. On the back cover there are two creases, one going thought the jar of paint brushes and the other atop of the words "We're looking". Thank you for pointing those out as i had not seen them. Appreciate the grading!

Would a c/p take out the printer's crease?

Edited by juniperpt
add question

On 2/15/2023 at 7:49 PM, juniperpt said:

Would a c/p take out the printer's crease

I don't think so, any hard crease (i.e. something that damages the paper) is there to stay. Pressing is capable of removing things that are more like indentions & bends. Creases can be flattened, which can make the book look a little nicer. In all the books I own with printer's creases, it's definitely like paper folded into itself, it's just much tighter/smaller (like a ridge) than what happens with regular handling. 

On 2/15/2023 at 7:02 PM, scburdet said:

I don't think so, any hard crease (i.e. something that damages the paper) is there to stay. Pressing is capable of removing things that are more like indentions & bends. Creases can be flattened, which can make the book look a little nicer. In all the books I own with printer's creases, it's definitely like paper folded into itself, it's just much tighter/smaller (like a ridge) than what happens with regular handling. 

An excellent description of a printer''s crease. Looks like a miniture fault line on paper. Thanks!