• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Marvel Premiere 27
3 3

8 posts in this topic

Ultimately, I think this one will miss the cut b/c of the spine stress lines, but I am always interested in these horror-adjacent Marvel semi-keys. I've had enough books coming back in the 9s with more spine stress than I would have expected was allowed to give it a second look though. Not a lot of these available & usually in lesser grades for whatever reason.

PXL_20230208_025123519.jpg

PXL_20230208_025142276.jpg

PXL_20230208_025202165.jpg

Don't usually like to bump my posts, but I'm a big enough fan of Marvel horror & dumb enough to be considering this one over potentially more rational options.

Edited by scburdet

On 2/11/2023 at 1:16 AM, Grendel72 said:

Wonder if anyone knows who the rest where? 

probably need to call up Marv Wolfman & Roy Thomas as those two members of the Tribe are no longer with us. I found a 2nd group called the New York Tribe through this auction: https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/panel-pages/john-buscema-tony-dezuniga-and-neal-adams-attributed-tarzan-11-story-page-4-original-art-marvel/a/121845-12018.s

When you read about some of the Marvel history, it almost sounds like they had to grab whoever was least busy to get some things finished. Perhaps not taking a lot of note for giving credit. Hell, I went digging for a book from the fairly recent past (Iceman Vol 2 No 3) b/c it appears to be the first published work by Skottie Young. The cover credits still list the penciler who did issues 1-2 & 4. SY is only credited on the title page. Something tells me the records don't get better when you wind the clock back another +25 years.