• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KingOfRulers' 10,000th Post Celebration, Gala, Ceremony, Extravaganza Fest - Hosted by KingOfRulers!
1 1

49 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2023 at 6:19 AM, marmat said:

Stephen was the one who helped me introducing in the cgc world. 

Thank you now and forever

You're very welcome. That was a long time ago. We first met on the Comic Price Guide forums. 🙂 Thank you for being a great part of the community.

On 2/11/2023 at 5:32 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I thought it was KoR who mentioned a book years back. I was going to ask, but wasn’t sure I was remembering correctly. 

I didn't see that question posted.

Yes, years ago I did have aspirations of releasing a comprehensive guide to comic book collecting. In some ways it is largely a report as it was a significant compiling of data. Some of that data was from experts on these boards. Included was to be the printing process of a comic book, a grading guide, restoration overview, and a pedigree collection overview. I brought a manuscript to WW Chicago 2008, I believe. I still have the document sitting on my hard drive. I don't know if I'll ever do anything with it. The market for such a tome is so niche.

Congrats on hitting 10k posts. Australia sent its most famous dignitary for the occasion, but we realised half-way Steve Irwin's been dead for 20 years so we sent the plane back and grabbed the next best substitute, one of the Hemsworths. Someone Hemsworth. We think. He'll be there tomorrow. Is it okay if he couch-surfs? 

On 2/12/2023 at 7:00 AM, Cat said:

Congrats on hitting 10k posts. Australia sent its most famous dignitary for the occasion, but we realised half-way Steve Irwin's been dead for 20 years so we sent the plane back and grabbed the next best substitute, one of the Hemsworths. Someone Hemsworth. We think. He'll be there tomorrow. Is it okay if he couch-surfs? 

One of the Hemsworth's showed up at my 10,000 post party in Miami Beach! One of the muscle guys, not the stout one. He did in fact couch surf. I believe Steve Buscemi let him sleep on his couch as long as he bought the Bud Light.