• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help me understand this Promise Pedigree grade, it hurts my brain.
2 2

87 posts in this topic

On 2/12/2023 at 2:08 PM, Phill the Governor said:

@Artboy99 I know I wrote a paragraph up there responding to you, saying the same exact thing, but It's good to know we're in agreement of this.

You seem to be selective in what words you choose to accept. On one hand you think "most of the books were accurately graded.  There were several that were egregiously overgraded, but taken as a whole the reputation that "all promise books are overgraded" is just wrong." - your words.

At the same time, you have a problem with me clarifying that by labeling the group of mis-graded books as "several". It gives a false impression of the scope, since, according to @MrBedrock the number is at least 40. Which would be several dozen. So your unconscious bias is showing.

That number, at a minimum is troubling.

Since you are parsing words - what I said meant 40 books at most, not at least.

On 2/11/2023 at 2:11 AM, Gotham Kid said:

I wish I could own/afford every one of the Promise Detectives (under 200) :(

On 2/13/2023 at 9:06 AM, MrBedrock said:

Since you are parsing words - what I said meant 40 books at most, not at least.

Since we are parsing words here, I am still more than willing to take everybody's Promise Detective's for under $200.  :takeit: 

Would YOU happen to have any for me.  lol

Edited by lou_fine

On 2/12/2023 at 12:58 PM, Funnybooks said:

anyone who does not entertain the idea that HA and CGC having a synergistic relationship is either naive or has a special interest to protect

I am naive! :acclaim:

I entertain the idea that HA and CGC have a relationship that only differs from any other CGC account in terms of volume.

On 2/11/2023 at 12:21 PM, Gotham Kid said:

miscut (only thing that bothers me), but still a beaut

27618474%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

strangeadventures21.jpg