• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA Green Hornet Collection

4 posts in this topic

Hello Golden Age gurus!

Don't do much with GA, so knowledge is lacking. I picked up a collection today, mostly Westerns, but it had these Green Hornets in it. All are complete. I've gone through them to note the following:

#10 detached bottom staple

#11 detached CF

#16 detached cover & CF

#21 detached cover & brittle spine

#37 detached top staple

I've done as much research as I can tonight. Checked ebay (not much), HA. What are the better ones, etc.  I'm going to sell them, so would like to have some idea about what I have.

Thanks!

20230210_205905.jpg

20230210_205730.jpg

Edited by Hulksdaddy1

But in all seriousness, that 7 could easily sell for multiples of guide raw or slabbed, and the ones in better shape would benefit from a trip down to Florida, especially that 11, even with the loose centerfold. With books like these, it’s a good idea to estimate the grade and check it against the CGC census. 

The Japanese war covers (16, 21, 22) will likely have plenty of bidders whatever the condition. Schomburg war covers are always in very high demand.  :x

The Dell Four Color and the Gold key issue are easy enough to find comparables, and not at all scarce, so I’d think twice about slabbing those.  2c

Edit: I see that you’re in “the biz,” so most of this will probably sound a bit trivial… :shy:

Edited by PopKulture

On 2/11/2023 at 2:30 AM, PopKulture said:

But in all seriousness, that 7 could easily sell for multiples of guide raw or slabbed, and the ones in better shape would benefit from a trip down to Florida, especially that 11, even with the loose centerfold. With books like these, it’s a good idea to estimate the grade and check it against the CGC census. 

The Japanese war covers (16, 21, 22) will likely have plenty of bidders whatever the condition. Schomburg war covers are always in very high demand.  :x

The Dell Four Color and the Gold key issue are easy enough to find comparables, and not at all scarce, so I’d think twice about slabbing those.  2c

Edit: I see that you’re in “the biz,” so most of this will probably sound a bit trivial… :shy:

Thanks for your thoughts, and direction bud :foryou:

I am "in the biz," but I almost never see GA, and its rarity makes pricing tough. 

Many of them are in really nice shape, so I may consider slabbing them, but not sure at this time.

Thanks again!