• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Burdon's Atlanta Storage Unit theft
2 2

67 posts in this topic

On 2/12/2023 at 2:03 PM, VintageComics said:

Homelessness, crime, theft, attacks, addiction, suicide, killings. Everything is through the roof.

I thought that data on crimes generally show a decline since highs in the 90s, especially on a per capita basis.

Edit: I see that others have made the same point.

On 2/17/2023 at 7:41 AM, AJD said:

I thought that data on crimes generally show a decline since highs in the 90s, especially on a per capita basis.

Edit: I see that others have made the same point.

I suppose that depends on how the crimes are characterized or better put, "recharacterized" since things we called oranges 30 years ago are no longer oranges, if you follow my meaning. 

If you talk to one group, they're telling you crime is through the roof. You talk to another side and they tell you that it's on a down slope. :facepalm:

I just know that in my little, personal circle I've seen more drugs / crime / guns / homelessness / strife / suicide / overdoses around me than I've ever had before. 

And that's me in my circle. Not social media feeding it to me. 

If you have statistics to share feel free to. It's certainly and interesting discussion on whether there is more crime or less. 

On 2/17/2023 at 12:02 PM, manetteska said:
On 2/16/2023 at 2:13 PM, VintageComics said:
On 2/16/2023 at 1:43 PM, manetteska said:

And how is it supposed to be used?

Properly. :D

Exactly. 

I'm so glad you agree with me. :D

Speaking for NYC which I know very well, homicides are about double (600-700) in recent years what they were at their pre-pandemic lows (about 300-350), but still only a third of what they were at their highs in the early 1990s (about 2200).  I believe NYC statistically still rates as one of the safest big cities in the country on a per capita basis despite the over-reporting of crime here due to the large media market.   

1. On 2/18/2023 at 9:27 AM, VintageComics said:

If you have statistics to share feel free to. It's certainly and interesting discussion on whether there is more crime or less. 

Well, my local statistics are fairly clear. Ill let others chime in on their areas. https://www.sydneycriminallawyers.com.au/blog/nsw-crimes-rates-are-the-lowest-in-40-years/