• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Shipping options

5 posts in this topic

CGC for all the improvements in turn arounds times with our collectables is great, ONE thing CGC dropped the ball on... SHIPPING.

only option is FEDEX, with Signature, what happened using the post office?

Let me start off with this first, I NEVER used Fedex to ship, I always used USPS or UPS to ship and receive my packages to and from CGC. More Often it is USPS.

The lack of options to have my comics delivered baCk to me is not acceptable, CGC you can do better than that,to Provide FEDEX as THE ONLY option with a SIGNATURE is disgraceful to your loyal customers. Let me explain, so if I was to miss any and EVERY delivery attempt made by Fedex, even when left specials instructions to leave the package on the website Fedex, it will be sent back to CGC, so who has to pay for the Redelivery process once it is returned to CGC? Me? because CGC no longer provides logical, and convenient options for return shipping?? Even joining the fedex.com  to leave instructions for delivery you cannot do so, not only that but you cannot update or manage the delivery by using the manage delivery option at Fedex.com because CGC applied restrictions to the package, thus Fedex does not grant you to use manage delivery. Something has to be done CGC, you are better than this, make it make sense. When I contacted Customer service, even they couldn't help, all I was left with was " get a P.O box and have the packages delivered to the P.O box" So, instead of giving your customers more options, better options that are more suitable, we need to be forced to get a PO box, which most likely would have to go on a waiting list for a few years and Pay a fee for the PO BOX?!?!? Really?

Now I understand the reason for signature ok right for security, liability and all that stuff, fine.. AT THE VERY LEAST you should allow US, the CUSTOMER to update/enhance the delivery process so we don't have to go thru rings of fire to get our collectibles back, WE should be granted THAT OPTION at the VERY LEAST. Make it make sense CGC, please.

I actually agree with the OP mostly, but is it all possible that CGC values “not being held accountable for lost packages” over “customer satisfaction” for this specific topic and that they’ve thought about and weighed the pros and cons and made the decision they felt was overall best for them?  

im not saying it’s the right decision or best decision or that if others in the same position had a vote they wouldn’t vote for something else, BUT to act like it’s totally out of spite and there can be no possible justification seems to be oversimplifying a bit. 

On 2/13/2023 at 12:48 PM, revat said:

I actually agree with the OP mostly, but is it all possible that CGC values “not being held accountable for lost packages” over “customer satisfaction” for this specific topic and that they’ve thought about and weighed the pros and cons and made the decision they felt was overall best for them?  

Personally, do you believe this?

On 2/13/2023 at 11:05 AM, Gaard said:

Personally, do you believe this?

I believe cgc took the route with less lost packages to be held accountable (rightly or wrongly) for, but that will mildly annoy more customers overall.  

I personally believe in more options and freedom and to let adults be responsible for their own actions, but I still have faith in adults taking responsibility for their own actions.  I’m not in cgc management or underwriting crunching the actual numbers of scammers or lost packages or other complaints.