• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Email to CGC...
1 1

47 posts in this topic

Oh — sidebar. The customer service lady I talked to today was a big Overwatch fan (especially of their animated shorts), so I think it was good that she at least sorta understood what the comics even are. Haha

On 2/15/2023 at 10:59 AM, BCR said:

That’s exactly right.

CGC has traditionally had a difficult time differentiating between small changes like this in a print run.  I have read plenty of times where they have mis-labeled underground comics or small press published comics.

Have you heard of the Grand Comicbook Database?  Perhaps sign-up to be a member there and add these notes to their record.  I have read that sometimes CGC will use the data from GCD to make a determination on book labels that they (CGC) have no record of.

On 2/15/2023 at 1:05 PM, Yorick said:

CGC has traditionally had a difficult time differentiating between small changes like this in a print run.  I have read plenty of times where they have mis-labeled underground comics or small press published comics.

Have you heard of the Grand Comicbook Database?  Perhaps sign-up to be a member there and add these notes to their record.  I have read that sometimes CGC will use the data from GCD to make a determination on book labels that they (CGC) have no record of.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll 100% do that. I also planned on maybe making a video afterwards just to inform Overwatch fans of the differences, etc. 

The good thing is that the first printing “Convention Edition has it written in the top right corner (though it’s very small), and so it’s just issues #1 and #7 that really require scrutiny, as there’s only 1 printing of #6, #8, #13 and the free comic book day Zarya first appearance.