• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan, Jack, and Steve - The 1960's (1963) Butting Heads, Unexpected Success and Not Expected Failures!
3 3

1,209 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2023 at 2:32 PM, N e r V said:

I have a lot of original in the box Ben Coopers myself but still haven’t obtained one of those Spider-Man versions. They made them for a number of years with different variations.

Many different versions from 1954 through, I think, 1958 or so.  Depending on the point you're hoping to make, you can either 1) show one costume that looks the least like the Marvel Spider-man, and say they're totally different, or 2) you can show one of the variations that look much closer to the Ditko costume and say they're darn close.  Or 3) you can take elements from the costume variations and photoshop them together to come up with a costume that looks, at a glance, nearly identical.   

On 4/23/2023 at 2:28 AM, Prince Namor said:

ON NEWSSTANDS AUGUST 1963

Strange Tales #114 - I'm not sure if Ditko has ever spoken about it, the way he did Spider-man, but someone obviously changed his female characters face in these drawings (George Roussos, the inker?)... Ditko, apparently was not happy with this, and quickly began to seize control of Doctor Strange, that Stan didn't have much interest in. 

Well... other than money and credit, which Stan would still receive. 

Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 3.20.19 AM.png

any chance that Al Hartley was doing touch-ups? IIRC, he was credited with doing this on the splash page of Spider-man's origin.

On 6/11/2023 at 9:00 PM, Prince Namor said:

ON NEWSSTANDS DECEMBER 1963

Tales of Suspense #51 - Dreamed Up By: Stan Lee  Scribbled & Sketched by: Larry Lieber  Ink Splattered on by: Matt Fox   Lettering Scrawled by: Art Simek

Electro-Psychic Communication? And crows again...

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Matt Fox inking is always a treat for me--he adds a quirky touch to Lieber's pencils.

Apparently taschen books will be coming out with ASM vol 2 next...you should write the foward and set the world straight , by the way these books are worth every penny...outstanding quality and when larger you notice details you never knew.

Edited by Mmehdy