• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Perfect coverless X-Men #1. No cover. Can I find a perfect cover missi for I terror pages?

7 posts in this topic

You need to research a few items:

price of coverless comic (grade matters)

price of cover (grade matters)

price of restoration

the price of restored comic (grade matters)

your own definition of “makes sense”, everyone has different collection and financial preferences 

Soooooo….. it depends 

Is your intention to resell or just keep for your P.C.?  Personally I would leave that beautiful interior alone. I wouldn't even grade it but store it properly and if the staples are in tight - I might find myself reading it once every 6 months.  I personally believe adding a cover to it - even if an original cover (and esp. not a faux-reprint cover) detracts from the fact that it would then be married.  So my verdict is leave it alone and enjoy this historical interior 'as is.' :preach:

Edited by Roger66

This ragged X-men 1 coverless sold for $1,805: https://www.ebay.com/itm/304762581077

A graded back-cover-only sold for $145. If you're talking about trying to find a quality, original cover to add to your coverless copy, you're probably looking at spending $300-600 or more - if you can even find something like that. You could do it with a reproduction cover copy for probably $20-50, but I think you'd significantly diminish your buyer pool if you did something like that. As others said, it depends on your intention (and it also depends a bit on how much you have invested into it so far). If it were me, and I had "an incredibly high quality interior to X-Men #1," I'd either keep it in a mylar and full back, or I'd probably have it graded as-is.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

If I was keeping it raw, I would get a decent modern repro cover and just fold it around, not actually attach it. I like books to look complete, and always enjoy having the cover art included with the book on any coverless copies. Then you haven't detracted any from your original interior, but it just feels that bit nicer when you come across it flicking through your X Men collection. Cool book to have in any grade!