• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature found on splash page
1 1

9 posts in this topic

If a comic is found that has a signature on the splash page with no COA, will CGC verify and authenticate the signature through the grading process? I happened to find a Spider-Man issue with a Todd McFarlane signature. Thanks and I look forward to your replies.

On 2/17/2023 at 3:34 PM, Gkt1181 said:

If a comic is found that has a signature on the splash page with no COA, will CGC verify and authenticate the signature through the grading process? I happened to find a Spider-Man issue with a Todd McFarlane signature. Thanks and I look forward to your replies.

Won’t impact grade, and will come back like this....

99A80B6D-C879-4539-BFF4-938C8C7F3561.jpeg.e45719d85550209074fd34ae50b8f31d.jpeg

On 2/17/2023 at 12:34 PM, Gkt1181 said:

No, but the open market will like it!:bigsmile:

On 2/20/2023 at 9:59 PM, OtherEric said:

I once found a comic with a Todd McFarlane signature on the first page in the... I think it was a 40 cent bin, actually.  Unfortunately, it was Spitfire & the Troubleshooters #4, not a Spider-Man issue.

Isn’t that the first comic McFarlane penciled for Marvel? Not a bad book to have with his signature…

On 2/18/2023 at 11:27 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Won’t impact grade, and will come back like this....

99A80B6D-C879-4539-BFF4-938C8C7F3561.jpeg.e45719d85550209074fd34ae50b8f31d.jpeg

It might impact the grade depending on the location of the signature, the size of the signature, or and possibly the messiness of the signature.

On 2/22/2023 at 5:56 PM, revat said:

It might impact the grade depending on the location of the signature, the size of the signature, or and possibly the messiness of the signature.

I knew I’d be called on that. :shy:

It could indeed if the book is high grade enough, and the sig is a big hot mess