• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC QC Warped Inner Cases
3 3

44 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2023 at 4:25 AM, ExNihilo said:

Imagine being unsatisfied with 35% of a companies services but continuing to use that company for those same services anyways.  They say "let your wallet speak" but some people continue to muzzle it and whisper "shhhh, don't fight it.  everything's going to be okay."

I hear you, and I have very little defense.

I had that very dilemma on my hands when I submitted the last three hundred books.

I figured that I should just go ahead and submit them for grading since so many of them were in the 9.6-9.8 range. 

I almost sent the books to another company, but CGC is supposed to be the industry "gold standard."

The problem that brought me to the boards, though, is the fact that I recently had 35 our of 84 items come back from REHOLDERING with MECHANICAL ERRORS.

Thanks for your candor,

Dave

Edited by dmt02908

On 2/27/2023 at 1:04 PM, Tatterdamillion said:

I feel your plight, that Wolverine 8 is a joke. My last 2 submissions have all been damaged. Some due to poor packing some to mishandling. I hope you get some compensation.

Thanks for your reply. For whatever reason, I am only seeing this now.

I have resubmitted 35 CGC items with Mechanical Errors including the Wolverine 8.

Is there such a thing as getting compensation beyond just getting complementary re-holders

if the de-gradation of the condition of the books is compromised by CGC's MECHANICAL ERRORS?

Best, Dave

Edited by dmt02908

On 3/27/2023 at 3:40 PM, dmt02908 said:

Thanks for your reply. For whatever reason, I am only seeing this now.

I have resubmitted 35 CGC items with Mechanical Errors including the Wolverine 8.

Is there such a thing as getting compensation beyond just getting complementary re-holders

if the de-gradation of the condition of the books is compromised by CGC's MECHANICAL ERRORS?

Best, Dave

Newton Rings are still a thing in 2024!

IMG_20240107_234314797_HDR-01.jpeg

IMG_20240107_214055061_HDR-01.jpeg

IMG_20240110_163708735-01.jpeg

Wow I always submit like 3 or 4 books at a time so I've never seen one of those long cases. There should definitely be something between each slab. I know that takes up valuable room in the box but the slabs butted up against each other is a bad idea.