• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spidey Museum Art
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I was in Pensacola today going through an art museum and ran across this piece of art.  It's approx six feel tall.

I'm not sure what I think.  Is this art? (shrug)  I guess if Lichtenstein can do art panels then this artist can.

I see part of a "Fantastic four 1" cover mixed in... and.... is that supposed to be blood at the bottom???:eek: 

69843733804__B7095CF9-1526-403B-AC95-4F03C62BBCF5.jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

On 2/18/2023 at 3:18 PM, Lightning55 said:

I would think it violates intellectual property and copyright laws. Without the prominent image of Spider-Man, not owned by the artist, would you have taken any note of this piece at all?

I’m no lawyer, but I would have thought if it’s just displayed as art in a museum and they’re not selling it or prints of it that it would be fine.  

might also have issues if they’re using the art in advertisements for the museum.  

On 2/18/2023 at 6:06 PM, gadzukes said:

I was in Pensacola today going through an art museum and ran across this piece of art.  It's approx six feel tall.

I'm not sure what I think.  Is this art? (shrug)  I guess if Lichtenstein can do art panels then this artist can.

I see part of a "Fantastic four 1" cover mixed in... and.... is that supposed to be blood at the bottom???:eek: 

69843733804__B7095CF9-1526-403B-AC95-4F03C62BBCF5.jpeg

It looks like somebody attempted to remove an image of Spidey pasted on a newspaper background and failed miserably.