• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM AMS #238 w/corner chip
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Thank you for your help grading this book with a "corner chip".  Is that the proper description for this defect?

Since the book has spine bends & other defects, maybe the chip is not a significant factor in the grade (or is it?).

Also I am wondering, if the book were higher grade 9.6/9.4/9.2, what would be the deduction for the "chip"?  Thank you!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

6a.jpg

6b.jpg

7.jpg

7a.jpg

7b (2).jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

10a.jpg

12.jpg

From what I can see, it looks like there's some moderate oxidation/foxing of the interior pages. That would seem to make the chip less relevant. Given this is a bronze age book, I would expect a deduction to something in the 8s. With the chip & some spine stress, I can see this at 7.5/8.0.

7.0, maybe a grade higher.

On 2/21/2023 at 11:53 AM, Pukie said:

Also I am wondering, if the book were higher grade 9.6/9.4/9.2, what would be the deduction for the "chip"?

If you're referring to the bottom left corner of the back cover I'd knock an other nearly perfect book into the VF/NM range.

Thanks for posting.