• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed! Randall Dowling's House of Unusual Gems- paperbacks, digests, and magazines
8 8

466 posts in this topic

Ace F-232, Edgar Rice Burroughs, The Land of Hidden Men. VG+ (unread). Some creasing on the back cover, otherwise a nice solid copy. Roy Krenkel cover art. $8  Sold to Tupenny Conan

Spoiler

Ace_014.thumb.jpg.39b1b52c920962ab8be7a50059eff3d2.jpg

Edited by Randall Dowling
Sold to Tupenny Conan

On 2/23/2023 at 3:25 PM, dover said:

I never knew I needed paperbacks but....now I know.

I've had more fun collecting, exploring, discovering and acquiring vintage paperbacks and digests over the last several years than I've had collecting comics for the last couple decades.  A lot of great material and it's not crazy expensive, just really cool and generally, under appreciated.

I was lucky to get a lot of information from some of the big booksellers and a few board members like @Surfing Alien@Pat Calhoun and @OtherEric(thumbsu

Ace F-256, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Land of Terror. VG/NF (unread). A nice copy with minor surface wear and unmarked pages. Frank Frazetta cover art. $15  Sold to Tupenny Conan

Spoiler

Ace_018.thumb.jpg.6a49dbd767855a3dafa32f17f8af7d33.jpg

Sold to Tupenny Conan

Thus far, all of the Ace Burroughs paperbacks I've listed are the first printings in paperback by Ace.  They all begin with "F" and have a 40 cent cover price.  There are later reprints of these covers with "G" and also numerical identifications.  This is one of the reprints:

Ace 75131, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Savage Pellucidar (Reprint). Almost NF (unread). A nice copy with a small smudge on the back cover and unmarked pages. Frank Frazetta cover art. Free to the first person to purchase 5 or more books. Claimed by Tupenny Conan

Spoiler

Ace_019.thumb.jpg.410cac4ff17954caab678236073aeab9.jpg

Claimed by Tupenny Conan

Ace F-383, Lin Carter, Thongor of Lemuria. VG/NF (unread). A nice copy with minor surface and edge wear and a crease on the front cover. Gray Morrow cover art. $10  Sold to Tupenny Conan

Spoiler

Ace_021.thumb.jpg.0f0883de8307b9e1eef2271a7a7b67f2.jpg

Sold to Tupenny Conan

Ace Double D-223, Robert Silverberg, The 13th Immortal / James E. Gunn, This Fortress World. VG. A solid copy with some creasing on spine and faces, minor surface and edge wear. Cover art by Emshwiller and Valigursky. $10  Sold to Jack Linguini

Spoiler

Ace_022.thumb.jpg.3c129f376c3fbda3431d7e90b68a593e.jpg

Ace_023.thumb.jpg.7c31028911dbdd5045a93c190bec9b62.jpg

Sold to Jack Linguini

Ace D-336, Samuel A. Krasney, Morals Squad, 1959. VG. A solid copy with a mild spine slant and general wear. Still glossy and bright with this classic Maguire cover. $15  Sold to Tupenny Conan

Spoiler

Ace_025.thumb.jpg.172b5163c486ad05e9166f89d61b0582.jpg

Sold to Tupenny Conan