• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help finding old DISCOVERY Channel commercial/promo from early 2000s

3 posts in this topic

Not sure where to post this. 

I've been searching for an old Sci-Fi DISCOVERY Channel commercial/promo (probably for shark week) from the early 2000s. 

It was made to look like a very low-budget production, cheap-looking set, actors who seemed to be pulled off the street to read lines off cue-cards and never sure where the camera was. 

It was part of a series of promos - one of them I think was set inside a shark's stomach, so I think it was to promote shark-week. 

Guy dressed in a cheap-looking fish outfit slides down a slide into a shallow pool of water that looked like the inside of a shark's stomach, stumbles up, stiffly reads lines off a cue-card with zero emotion. 

Hilarious intentionally-deadpan cheapness. 

Anyone remember these (I think there were several of them)? 

FOUND THEM!! I woke up in the middle of the night and shouted "DISCOVERY!" because the commercials were on Discover Channel, not Sci FI Channel!! 

:roflmao:

Edited by jcjames