• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Tomb of Dracula 10
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Not to be a party pooper but the Rules & Etiquette section for this sub forum do say that posters are preferred not to suppose their own grades for the books they post as graders would like to approach books with a clean palette. I understand why people do but maybe have it as hidden content, so that once folk have offered a grade they can view your own estimate. Just a thought. :peace:

On 2/25/2023 at 1:35 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

Not to be a party pooper but the Rules & Etiquette section for this sub forum do say that posters are preferred not to suppose their own grades for the books they post as graders would like to approach books with a clean palette. I understand why people do but maybe have it as hidden content, so that once folk have offered a grade they can view your own estimate. Just a thought. :peace:

This reminds me of why I was always in trouble as a kid… I never learned the :rulez:

On 2/25/2023 at 3:00 PM, Captain Crash said:

I seem to grade everyone else’s books better than my own lol. Must be an emotional attachment :insane:

Not a bad 'fault' to have. I'm just as harsh on my own books as I am on others. That's why this section is fun, seeing what the consensus is. (How far off I am!) Valuable exercise and builds relationships between boardies too. 

On 2/25/2023 at 8:00 AM, Captain Crash said:

I seem to grade everyone else’s books better than my own lol. Must be an emotional attachment :insane:

I've graded thousands of books on this forum but only about 200 of my own. I sometimes find it hard to look at them subjectively. And now I believe I'm too rough on them.

Thanks for posting.