• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Art Fans - Spotlight Pieces
3 3

45 posts in this topic

On 3/17/2023 at 10:31 AM, Nate Hartz said:

This one is a sold piece so the only comments should be to @foreigner1999 to change the sale status to stop tricking people in to thinking they have a chance at getting it! ;-)

On 3/14/2023 at 1:13 PM, Nate Hartz said:

Spider-Man # 78 Page 15, in Nathan Hartz's Marvel Comics Pages Comic Art Gallery Room (comicartfans.com)

My Romita Jr Spider-Man page with Spidey and Morbius. Mary Jane too. 488 views and 2 comments 2011 posted.

spec.jpg

Interesting light source in that first panel…

On 3/17/2023 at 7:28 AM, Nate Hartz said:

Here’s the thing… a lot of these links you’re posting have zero descriptions. My personal rule of thumb on CAF… if the owner can’t be bothered to write anything about the piece, neither can I. They get a like. 

On 3/17/2023 at 8:39 AM, cloud cloddie said:

Here’s the thing… a lot of these links you’re posting have zero descriptions. My personal rule of thumb on CAF… if the owner can’t be bothered to write anything about the piece, neither can I. They get a like. 

There is merit to what you say. I think some folks put the work in to upload the image, then they completely fail to give any info on how they got it or what it means to them. I can be persuaded to get caught up by another collector's enthusiasm..... and more likely to comment seriously or at all.

On 3/17/2023 at 7:36 AM, gumbydarnit said:

This piece is my favorite Teen Titans Perez on CAF. It’s not under commented or under viewed, but it was posted on 07 so some may not be aware of it’s greatness. Sit down before viewing this one is awesome ( link )

image.thumb.jpeg.cbe0f1132f4c983dbbbdfbcff53a0dff.jpeg

From Charley Williamson’s collection.

This is a pretty <in>famous page that Liefeld traced, i think for XF1?

On 3/17/2023 at 10:38 AM, grapeape said:

There is merit to what you say. I think some folks put the work in to upload the image, then they completely fail to give any info on how they got it or what it means to them. I can be persuaded to get caught up by another collector's enthusiasm..... and more likely to comment seriously or at all.

Yup. I don’t need as much on a published piece - often they can speak for themselves. But I’m always surprised when nothing is written about a commission. There had to be a reason to get it done, and I’d be curious of it. 
And yeah, there’s been many a wordy description that gave me insight into either the piece or the collectors attachment to it that prompted me to comment. 

On 3/16/2023 at 12:31 PM, Nate Hartz said:

Hulk Gray #4 pg. 2 unpublished, in John Higashi's Misc. 6 Comic Art Gallery Room (comicartfans.com)

Tim Sale Hulk Gray Giant old Tin Man Iron Man 350 views 0 comments. How?

hulk.jpg

Hulk toejamb + Iron Man in a skirt with a walkie talkie antenna = If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all 

image.thumb.jpeg.84ab64b77dc70ca8fdd80a427d8b95c0.jpeg

Link to CAF page 

From Fred Chamberlain’s gallery is a killer AMS 206 page from the talented artistic team of BYRNE and DAY.  Fred wrote a nice description to this piece. You wouldn’t know it by Jonah’s comments, Spidey just came to his rescue! 

John did breakdowns for this issue and as you can see Day did a great finishing the art. I wish the two would have done more work together.

On 4/7/2023 at 10:08 PM, gumbydarnit said:

image.thumb.jpeg.84ab64b77dc70ca8fdd80a427d8b95c0.jpeg

Link to CAF page 

From Fred Chamberlain’s gallery is a killer AMS 206 page from the talented artistic team of BYRNE and DAY.  Fred wrote a nice description to this piece. You wouldn’t know it by Jonah’s comments, Spidey just came to his rescue! 

John did breakdowns for this issue and as you can see Day did a great finishing the art. I wish the two would have done more work together.

Wonderful JJJ page.  Gotta love that cranky old man!

New Teen Titans Who’s Donna Troy
trade paperback cover drawn by the legend George Perez! This is a piece in T n T’s gone gallery. It’s background is made up by incredible character headshots. Pieces like this show an artist that doesn’t phone it in but gives his all to his work, I love George’s work and the passion he puts into his pieces. 760 views and 4 comments 

4C55345F-4110-4B11-BEBE-A6CB76F7288A.jpeg.c25c2f24fe379a19e09309b9c1ca38e4.jpeg