• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is Popular at your LCS?
2 2

85 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2023 at 1:19 PM, Jackhartmann said:

Mar 11 2023 is the Alex Ross villains. 

alwex ross marvels.jpg

I’m always amazed by the number of Marvel’s villains who had “green” as a primary color. It was almost a prerequisite for early Spider-man baddies. Purple is another color that was used quite a bit in early Marvel. Any significance to the use of these back then ? 

Hulk was green and used to wear purple pants so he could’ve been a double threat as a bad guy. Hahaha 😝 

On 3/21/2023 at 2:54 PM, the blob said:

I miss having an LCS where I can go and BS with the regulars and staff.

That makes me sad.  Absent a market where current releases are bought and discussed, your market implies a shrinking of the comic ecosystem… :cry:

On 3/23/2023 at 12:29 AM, 500Club said:

That makes me sad.  Absent a market where current releases are bought and discussed, your market implies a shrinking of the comic ecosystem… :cry:

Well, its more that I just knew the people at this shop by my office. Another 5 minutes away is the downtown Manhattan Midtown Comics outpost, which is huge and not the sort of place you BS with the staff and regulars. My old shop was an interesting spot near Wall Street, so you had the guys who worked there who were fun, a lot of white collar professionals like me dropping by during lunch, blue collar types, tourists, kids, etc. We had a lot of interesting conversations. But at the same time I got a sense of what was going on in new comics.

On 3/23/2023 at 1:52 PM, the blob said:

Well, its more that I just knew the people at this shop by my office. Another 5 minutes away is the downtown Manhattan Midtown Comics outpost, which is huge and not the sort of place you BS with the staff and regulars. My old shop was an interesting spot near Wall Street, so you had the guys who worked there who were fun, a lot of white collar professionals like me dropping by during lunch, blue collar types, tourists, kids, etc. We had a lot of interesting conversations. But at the same time I got a sense of what was going on in new comics.

I still somewhat get that at the LCS, I more get it here when people are willing. I'm still a bottom feeder trying to build a base, price line or otherwise, in the end I'm thankful for all stories told. Been a lot of Faithful boardies!

On 3/24/2023 at 8:30 PM, gradejunky said:

I will be looking to pick up a few copies of #1 and 2 from the new Supes run.  I didn't pre-order any as DC has been off my radar for quite bit.  I have heard that the series is off to a good start.

Fan expo Dallas or just that con provider period (fan expo) had a supes advertised as con gear this year, I was wondering, as tmk they don't often. It is usually marvel.