• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is Popular at your LCS?
2 2

85 posts in this topic

On 4/1/2023 at 9:17 PM, AGGIEZ said:

What's popular at my LCS? Pricing raw books as if they were graded...that's what's popular...

Preach. Even in their Facebook paypal video or sales,they touted that they will be more "$$ in store or at a con", which technically is understandable. It just makes me see their starting point an wonder has it been like that all along? Or am I just not as "hip to the game?" Some comics just don't strike me as often as had been, and I wonder if it is the price... got to be idk

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

My local stores are mixed bag. One store has send literally 100s of books to CGC and Voldermort. The grades are all over the place.
They created a high prices room as well with no uv lights. 

Another shop buys literally 1000s of books a week and sells them in store, what not and on ebay. He just bought 50K books a few 
weeks back I get to sort them periodically for them. 

Last store has finally realized the value of their back issues. Which hurts me because for years I had been buying back issues cheap
from them now they want a mint like everyone else. 

Whats been great about every store in my area but one is that all support my local shows by carrying my flyers or putting them up in
their windows. So 100% of my business always goes to them first. 

On 4/1/2023 at 9:45 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Preach. Even in their Facebook paypal video or sales,they touted that they will be more "$$ in store or at a con", which technically is understandable. It just makes me see their starting point an wonder has it been like that all along? Or am I just not as "hip to the game?" Some comics just don't strike me as often as had been, and I wonder if it is the price... got to be idk

On 4/1/2023 at 9:56 PM, fastballspecial said:

My local stores are mixed bag. One store has send literally 100s of books to CGC and Voldermort. The grades are all over the place.
They created a high prices room as well with no uv lights. 

Another shop buys literally 1000s of books a week and sells them in store, what not and on ebay. He just bought 50K books a few 
weeks back I get to sort them periodically for them. 

Last store has finally realized the value of their back issues. Which hurts me because for years I had been buying back issues cheap
from them now they want a mint like everyone else. 

Whats been great about every store in my area but one is that all support my local shows by carrying my flyers or putting them up in
their windows. So 100% of my business always goes to them first. 

Your post being after mine makes sense, although you didn't quote me or probably weren't responding to me lol

I didn't remember my post, but your right, different LCS definitely have different origin stories. A different yard procured and managed in different ways. They all serve their purpose, and I don't really have complaints, just to be aware and prepare while being excited for con season!  :banana:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/21/2023 at 12:27 PM, Jackhartmann said:

May 20 2023 it is X-MEN 1991 #1 FACSIMILE EDITION GATEFOLD

The LCS sold out of them all. The first facsimile to sell out at the LCS. 

x-men facsilmile.jpg

I have five of the originals, they worth more than a dollar?