• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Manufactured with Additional Cover at Centerfold
2 2

6 posts in this topic

I aquired a comic book that has an additional cover attached at the centerfold. In my humble opionion, this comic is similar to a double cover comic, only the inner cover is attached at the centerfold, not directly behind the outer cover. Would this manufacturing error comic be graded like a double cover with both inner and outer covers being given grades and then ultimately the better of the two grades posted as the official grade of the book? 

• Administrator

Hello @fantasydepot, I have spoken with my grading team on this, and they said that this particular book would be considered a Manufacturing Error, it would not be considered a double cover. We handle manufacturing errors on a case-by-case basis on how to designate and label them. This is a fairly unique book, so they did mention that they would need the book in-hand to make any official determinations on it if you were planning to send it in for grading. Hopefully this helps!

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.