• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torpedo Con - July 15-16, 2023 - Glendale, CA (Los Angeles)
1 1

46 posts in this topic

After circling the rooms  looking  for FOur Colors  and Classics  I was at Lady T's booth and noticed a T-Man  with a Hitler cover.  I have about 1/2 of that series, and fortunatley  had  added the missing issues  onto my Mycomicshop want list.  I was quickly able to determine that I actually had  issue 34,  and that it was a reprint on #6.

I recircled the main room looking for the even more obscure T-Man.  Low and Behold  Bedrock had a nice looking copy  that also had the Hitler cover.  This one was the original #6  but  had several spots of restoration.  I was glad to be able to trade for it.

Moved around more to Harley and he also had an issue #37 ( last issue?) that was in nice grade but at a high price.  He looked at the books I was offering,  but could only find 1 book that he wanted and it was for less than a third of the cost of his book.  Was unable to make a deal for that one.

T-Man 6.jpg

I bought a book on the bay last night. I’d been looking for a while. They had an opening bid that I thought was full retail. So I held off until after Torpedo. Well, sure enough, there was a pretty similar copy at the show but it was priced 3 times this one. I wanted it bad and had plenty of money. I thought about making an offer but I just passed. I rolled the dice and ending up getting this one with the only bid. Patience is a virtue…

Great going to Cons. Nothing like buying in person but a lot of prices are sure  (shrug)

Edited by Robot Man

Here is a book I had never seen before.   As an off shoot of Classics not only were Jr's included so were Fast Fiction  , Picture stories in the Bible, American history  etc.  Another variation was the picture news.  That is supposed to be a pre Queen version of ELizabeth  and came out prior to her fathers death.77 years ago

Found this one at the booth of a local guy I have been working with for many years.  He opened a shop in Santa Clarita called Cruzin thru comics.

TO make our deal balance  we greatly expanded it so I got a very nice Showcase  41 first Tommy TOmorrow.  As I was not much into TT, I did not think I had it, and even if I did this would be a nice upgrade.

I traded him two silver age DC war books and one of the slabbed books I brought

Picture News 8-46.jpg

SHowcase 41 Tommy Tomorrow 1st app.jpg