• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

marvel stamp missing

7 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am fairly new to this, and was wondering if I submit a comic with the marvel value stamp, would it still get a green label, or does it come back blue label, not affecting the grade? Also, if a store/date stamp on the cover affect grade?

Edited by george54is
misspelling

Welcome To The Boards and the Hobby!!!

A date stamp or store stamps affect on the grade depends on the overall condition of the book, on higher grade books where the stamp is located and its size.

If you would like to get an estimated grade on your book, go here...

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

Post clear pics of the outside/inside of the front and rear covers, centerfold and show the missing MVS.

VG 4.0 - . Store stamps, name stamps, arrival dates, initials, etc. have no effect on this grade.

VG/FN 5.0 - VF 8.0 - Stamped or inked arrival dates may be present.

VF/NM 9.0 - Several lightly penciled, stamped or inked arrival dates are acceptable.

NM- 9.2 - NM/MT 9.8 - Small, inconspicuous, lightly penciled, stamped or inked arrival dates are acceptable as long as they are in an unobtrusive location.

As already explained by other boardie's, the book with the missing MVS would get a "Green" label unless it is already a low grade book, someone correct me if I am wrong, books VG 4.0 and lower do not get Green labels.

The book with the stamps would get a "Blue" label unless there is another hidden issue with the book.