• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Venom Funeral Pyre #1
2 2

6 posts in this topic

There are a few non color breaking tics on the front spine. I noticed some color rubbed off to the bag, but it isn't really a noticeable loss on the cover itself. A question. Is it safe to clean and press these foil cover/metallic cover comics? Would the heat potentially remove the material? I have no idea as I haven't done it before. Other than the slight defects I couldn't find any other major issues. 

IMG-3548.jpg

IMG-3549.jpg

IMG-3550.jpg

IMG-3551.jpg

IMG-3564.jpg

I'd pose your pressing question in Grading and Restoration b/c most active people here aren't pressers, or aren't looking at tough cases. My expectation is that the is a way to press, but you'd need to know the specific way leads to the best resutls (temp limits, pressure, etc). This looks like the cover paper is cardstock & my guess is that it won't press as well as thinner paper. Looks like a >9.2 to me, as is

9.6+. As far as pressing goes, I'm still pretty new to this, but from what I've gleaned (based on scouring the web and info from my current presser, who's been in the game for 10+ years), it can be done but doesn't respond as well (lower temps/shorter times I think, so as not to ruin the foil). Based on what I've heard from others, I'd say avoid CCS and go third party, but definitely message your potential presser first to make sure: A.) they are able to press it; and B.) have experience pressing foil covers. If I remember right, this cover isn't embossed, so there is a pretty good chance it can be pressed I think. Good luck! I have a big soft spot for the Venom mini-series' from when I was a kid. Sinner Takes All was my personal fav

On 2/27/2023 at 9:58 PM, Nsschenks said:

9.6+. As far as pressing goes, I'm still pretty new to this, but from what I've gleaned (based on scouring the web and info from my current presser, who's been in the game for 10+ years), it can be done but doesn't respond as well (lower temps/shorter times I think, so as not to ruin the foil). Based on what I've heard from others, I'd say avoid CCS and go third party, but definitely message your potential presser first to make sure: A.) they are able to press it; and B.) have experience pressing foil covers. If I remember right, this cover isn't embossed, so there is a pretty good chance it can be pressed I think. Good luck! I have a big soft spot for the Venom mini-series' from when I was a kid. Sinner Takes All was my personal fav

I was considering getting it pressed with CFP then getting sent to get graded with CGC. I'll definitely check with them to see if they have experience with grading foil covers.