• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mighty Con - Saturday Mar 4th - DuPage (Chicago Suburb)

18 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2023 at 11:06 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Hmm, I might do that, thanks! I'm planning on going to the Comicverse show in New Berlin on Sunday too. I have a rare, wide-open weekend!

stop by my booth, I'll be across the main stage

On 3/3/2023 at 6:26 PM, manetteska said:

I'm good, but thanks - thinking I might need to treat myself to a McD breakfast for the drive... lol

Edit - Ok, I bought my ticket, I'm committed. See you there!

Edited by Jesse-Lee

I wish I knew about this announcement. I think it’s a coincidence I saw it just now, as I don’t think I’ve ever been in the “Comic Events” section before. I would’ve made an effort to introduce myself.

I was there early and got some nice deals from John H. and Ray as well as Steve who made the trip to our humble burbs. I saw a couple Boardies briefly but everybody was busy box-diving. Pulling out $5 or 3/$10 books is so enjoyable in person as these are the same books that people on the Bay ask (and get) $9.99 or 12.99 for and then there’s postage on top of that. I’m pretty much done with my Marvel buying as the prices have just left me behind on the books I never got around to buying when I had the chance. At cons like this, you can pull Dells, ACG, Gold Keys, Charltons, etc. and scratch that itch without that nasty postage mentioned above. 

Cons are definitely the way to go! I always swear off buying books online after a local con, but then boredom forces you back online to take a look… especially in the grey winter months.

Is Lost in Toys a Boardie here? He always has some decent stock, but I’m able to find better deals elsewhere in the room. I have bought the oddball item from him in the past, such as a “what the heck” Roy Rogers coloring book from a magazine box full of $20-ish coloring books, but all pretty cool titles like Tom Corbett or Bullwinkle (ie. better stuff).

On 3/4/2023 at 3:51 PM, PopKulture said:

I wish I knew about this announcement. I think it’s a coincidence I saw it just now, as I don’t think I’ve ever been in the “Comic Events” section before. I would’ve made an effort to introduce myself.

I was there early and got some nice deals from John H. and Ray as well as Steve who made the trip to our humble burbs. I saw a couple Boardies briefly but everybody was busy box-diving. Pulling out $5 or 3/$10 books is so enjoyable in person as these are the same books that people on the Bay ask (and get) $9.99 or 12.99 for and then there’s postage on top of that. I’m pretty much done with my Marvel buying as the prices have just left me behind on the books I never got around to buying when I had the chance. At cons like this, you can pull Dells, ACG, Gold Keys, Charltons, etc. and scratch that itch without that nasty postage mentioned above. 

Cons are definitely the way to go! I always swear off buying books online after a local con, but then boredom forces you back online to take a look… especially in the grey winter months.

I agree, I pulled some fun stuff from $2 through $5 boxes today - in fact, those were all I bought, no "big" books today. Found a Batman 619 newsstand that gets me a step closer to having the full Hush run in newsstand - it's not a crazy pricey book or anything, but I was happy to find it for $5, and "in the wild;" the hunt is the best part of a con! Heading to New Berlin, Wis. tomorrow for another show there.

On 3/3/2023 at 9:57 PM, KolmarAvenue said:

I'll try to hit mightycon and then comicverse on sunday. Hope everyone has a great show!

I'll be at the New Berlin Comicverse show tomorrow - look for the guy in the black hoodie and grey Under Armor baseball cap. My usual MO is to get in at open and get out as quickly as I either burn through my budget or my interest though, so no worries if we don't cross paths!