• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading Turn-Around Time
1 1

3 posts in this topic

We all have seen endless threads about the length of CGC's turn-around times. Many people are quite critical of CGC, myself included. However, I would like to provide evidence of a time when CGC got it right.

CGC GRADING TIMELINE

BOOKS TO BE GRADED: Amazing Spider-Man #51, Daredevil #5, #6, and #8, Fantastic #11 and #14. I sent these in as Economy - Fast Track.

SHIPPED: Friday, 02/10/2023.

RECEIVED (According to Post Office): Tuesday, 02/14/2023.

OPENED by CGC: Thursday, 02/16/2023.

SCHEDULED FOR GRADING: Friday, 02/17/2023.

GRADING/ENCAPSULATION/IMAGING: Tuesday, 02/21/2023.

GRADING/QUALITY CONTROL: Friday, 02/24/2023.

SHIPPED: Friday, 02/24/2023.

RECEIVED: Tuesday, 02/28/2023.

As you can see, these books were received by CGC on 2/14/2023, and were shipped on 2/24/2023. If you count only working days (February 20 was President's Day), it took only eight days from receiving the books to shipping the books. This is two days less than the current turn-around time.

CGC, you get a lot of criticism here, but I just want to say, "Thank you!", for doing such a good job for me.

That's a fantastic job by CGC on your submission. I think we all know they were buried under a huge number of submissions a year or 18 months ago or whenever it was, and I wonder if this signals they have worked through it and have things under better control.