• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading of individual pages

2 posts in this topic

Do you grade individual pages?  Reason I ask is that I have the full 1996 Sports Illustrated SI For Kids which has the first rookie card of tiger woods.  I would prefer to have just that sheet graded.  I have already spoken with beckett and also psa and they state not to tear the card out do to the edges could be compromise.  Not sure if the page itself is more valuable then the card or vice versa.  What would you suggest?  If so, what is the best way to go about getting it graded as far as value of the card goes? I have had many cards graded over the years but this would be my first sheet/magazine. I attached pics of the pages from the magazine.

Thank you

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

• Administrator

Hello @Justin Petty

Thank you for contacting us. CGC Trading cards does not grade magazines, sports cards or sheets of sports cards. CSG Sports Cards, another Certified Collectibles group company, does grade individual sports cards, but does not grade sheets of sports cards. Finally, CGC Comics can authenticate individual comics or magazine pages in some cases, but does not provide a numeric grade for pages. The final determination regarding whether a page is eligible for authentication and encapsulation is at the discretion of the graders. 

I am sorry but I am not be able to provide any guidance regarding the value of the card as a part of the page, full magazine or cut from the page. We do not appraise the monetary or resale value of collectibles.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.