• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping and Grading
1 1

19 posts in this topic

Making an attempt to build a nice Graded Collection. I would like to know if the Comapny that an order is being processed from to be shipped to me could be shipped to CGC instead of paying double for shipping after arrival to my place of buisness. They ship to CGC then I can be billed later?? If there is a process can someone explain a bit please. Thanks!

On 3/1/2023 at 8:39 AM, TallMan said:

Making an attempt to build a nice Graded Collection. I would like to know if the Comapny that an order is being processed from to be shipped to me could be shipped to CGC instead of paying double for shipping after arrival to my place of buisness. They ship to CGC then I can be billed later?? If there is a process can someone explain a bit please. Thanks!

You need to include invoices with your orders to CGC. If you ordered from a company that submits to CGC themselves, they would be able to deal for you. However, I can't imagine wanting to send a product to CGC prior to inspecting it myself...

On 3/1/2023 at 5:50 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

You need to include invoices with your orders to CGC. If you ordered from a company that submits to CGC themselves, they would be able to deal for you. However, I can't imagine wanting to send a product to CGC prior to inspecting it myself...

This feels like the right answer.

Is cgc going to fix an error in your order? 
if the extra shipping cost is an issue, you should probably reconsider the economics of what you’re submitting.

So you have no (zero) interest in personally inspecting your books before entering into a contract for certification/encapsulation services with CGC?  hm  Just to save on shipping?  hm  hm  This is generally referred to as "penny wise, pound foolish" thinking, and if you're prone to doing it with regularity, slap yourself upside your head ASAP.   doh!

You already know what could go right: you save a few bucks on shipping to CGC.  Now, make a list of what could go wrong.  We'll wait to see what you come up with on your own before commenting further. :hi:

Edited by zzutak

I'm ordering direct from an Overseas Seller since it's hard to get what I want here in the States. Also, should be able to trust the people we are making purchases from. 

On 3/1/2023 at 10:29 AM, zzutak said:

So you have no (zero) interest in personally inspecting your books before entering into a contract for certification/encapsulation services with CGC?  hm  Just to save on shipping?  hm  hm  This is generally referred to as "penny wise, pound foolish" thinking, and if you're prone to doing it with regularity, slap yourself upside your head ASAP.   doh!

You already know what could go right: you save a few bucks on shipping to CGC.  Now, make a list of what could go wrong.  We'll wait to see what you come up with on your own before commenting further. :hi:

Well, it's an Overseas Company since it's been hard to get anything ordered here with the Scalpers always around. So, you don't bid on items. That's cool. Some of us are bidding on items. Bought a Hugh Jackman Autograph for $700 and had it sent immediately to be graded. Can trust my buys. Need a positive answer not some negative information. 

On 3/1/2023 at 8:50 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

They do not have a way to Submit to CGC as of yet. They are a London Company with 7 years sales experience and nobody has ever asked for Graded unless it was pre-order. They are new to grading and other shows like Galaxy Con sends stuff to be graded after witness signing, all they need is your Number. 

On 3/1/2023 at 10:21 AM, TallMan said:

I'm ordering direct from an Overseas Seller since it's hard to get what I want here in the States. Also, should be able to trust the people we are making purchases from. 

Well, it's an Overseas Company since it's been hard to get anything ordered here with the Scalpers always around. So, you don't bid on items. That's cool. Some of us are bidding on items. Bought a Hugh Jackman Autograph for $700 and had it sent immediately to be graded. Can trust my buys. Need a positive answer not some negative information. 

Tell me what you want to hear, and I'll say it. 

On 3/1/2023 at 9:21 AM, TallMan said:

Need a positive answer not some negative information.

The fact that the seller is non-domestic (international), intragalactic, or even intergalactic does not matter one iota because what you're trying to avoid is a "second" shipping fee from your location in the U.S. to Sarasota, right?  If you see my first comment as anything other than cautionary and positive, you're too far gone for help.  Good luck.  :foryou:

Edited by zzutak

On 3/1/2023 at 12:45 PM, zzutak said:

The fact that the seller is non-domestic (international), intragalactic, or even intergalactic does not matter one iota because what you're trying to avoid is a "second" shipping fee from your location in the U.S. to Sarasota, right?  If you see my first comment as anything other than cautionary and positive, you're too far gone for help.  Good luck.  :foryou:

Non Domestic and not scalping, also they carry stuff we don't get here. They are happy to help. Last company actually sent me some 9.9 and hopefully the Hugh Jackman that was Signed and sent for grading comes back the same. Never seen it once. Sometimes you got to trust people. 

On 3/1/2023 at 9:54 AM, TallMan said:
On 3/1/2023 at 9:45 AM, zzutak said:

Non Domestic and not scalping, also they carry stuff we don't get here. They are happy to help. Last company actually sent me some 9.9 and hopefully the Hugh Jackman that was Signed and sent for grading comes back the same. Never seen it once. Sometimes you got to trust people. 

as well intentioned and knowledgeable as some of the people here are, it is totally up to you.

So basically here's the steps:

1.  Get a membership to CGC that allows you to submit directly.  Most likely this will be done online by going to the CGC website.  You may have to pay for this membership.

2.  Log in to your membership on the CGC website, and fill out all the paperwork as normal to submit your books, as if you were shipping them yourself.  Print out the copies, sign them and include payment info or whatever.

3.  Get a copy of your signed paperwork to whoever your vendor is, wherever they are.

4.  Arrange with your vendor to include those signed papers in the package of stuff they are shipping out.  

5.  Arrange for that vendor to ship the items (with the paperwork) to CGC, obviously you will have to pay them to ship.  (note that some vendors may be hesitant to ship to a different address than your credit card, but you'll have to solve that yourself if it becomes an issue).  Vendor ships to CGC.

6.  CGC opens the box, full of comics and paperwork that hopefully match, and they process your order as normal.  They don't care where the books came from or where they're shipping back to, unless there are some type of international restrictions on the country of origin like North Korea or Iran.

That should do it.  It will obviously be awful if the comics are damaged or some books are missing or if there's a customs issue or something else shady happens, but it sounds like you're willing to accept the risk, which is totally fine and nobody's problem but yours (and maybe the unlucky CGC staff you're dealing with).

I would also note that if you are considering getting something signed then graded, you should fully investigate the CGC SS program and the required processes to ensure you get the result you expect.

Good luck.

On 3/1/2023 at 5:14 PM, revat said:

as well intentioned and knowledgeable as some of the people here are, it is totally up to you.

1.  Get a membership to CGC that allows you to submit directly.  Most likely this will be done online by going to the CGC website.  You may have to pay for this membership.

2.  Log in to your membership on the CGC website, and fill out all the paperwork as normal to submit your books, as if you were shipping them yourself.  Print out the copies, sign them and include payment info or whatever.

3.  Get a copy of your signed paperwork to whoever your vendor is, wherever they are.

4.  Arrange with your vendor to include those signed papers in the package of stuff they are shipping out.  

5.  Arrange for that vendor to ship the items (with the paperwork) to CGC, obviously you will have to pay them to ship.  (note that some vendors may be hesitant to ship to a different address than your credit card, but you'll have to solve that yourself if it becomes an issue).  Vendor ships to CGC.

6.  CGC opens the box, full of comics and paperwork that hopefully match, and they process your order as normal.  They don't care where the books came from or where they're shipping back to, unless there are some type of international restrictions on the country of origin like North Korea or Iran.

That should do it.  It will obviously be awful if the comics are damaged or some books are missing or if there's a customs issue or something else shady happens, but it sounds like you're willing to accept the risk, which is totally fine and nobody's problem but yours (and maybe the unlucky CGC staff you're dealing with).

I would also note that if you are considering getting something signed then graded, you should fully investigate the CGC SS program and the required processes to ensure you get the result you expect.

Good luck.

Umm... I am member 😆 thanks though 🤗

On 3/1/2023 at 5:14 PM, Foolish Mortal! said:

Is this a comic you're talking about? If so, was it witnessed?

Yes, it is direct from Greg Horn and Celebrity Authentics with a CGC Witness. The Bradley Cooper sold for $2,000 usd. 

On 3/1/2023 at 6:25 PM, TallMan said:

O, no sir. That it is not me and interesting. Thanks! Will surf his site and see what he has. 

No worries, funny coincidence! They stopped selling books a while ago, but I always had very good experiences with them, so I'd say if you're into Funko Pops, check them out.

On 3/1/2023 at 7:28 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

No worries, funny coincidence! They stopped selling books a while ago, but I always had very good experiences with them, so I'd say if you're into Funko Pops, check them out.

Sure will. My kid is a bit more than myself. Priced our Antman from the 1st movie release online for a whooping $500, must be rare or hard to find. 

Edited by TallMan

On 3/1/2023 at 6:29 PM, TallMan said:

Sure will. My kid is a bit .ore than myself. Priced our Antman from the 1st movie release online for a whooping $500, must be rare or hard to find. 

Wow! I'm not into Pops at all, but I know some of them command huge prices!

On 3/1/2023 at 4:02 PM, TallMan said:
On 3/1/2023 at 2:14 PM, revat said:

Good luck.

Expand  

Umm... I am member 😆 thanks though 🤗

sounds like you're good to go then.  Just make sure vendor has the submission paperwork (you completed) packaged with your books, and have them ship everything together to CGC.