• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #48 MARCH 1966 CGC 9.8

35 posts in this topic

Don't know if this was posted or not. What do you think the final price will be???

here it is

001_big.jpg

Final price will most likely be $0.00 since I strongly doubt that this one will even hit the opening bid price. Just way too many high grade copies of this book around, coupled with the fact that this book is starting to come down in price as evident by Overstreet's decrease in the 2005 price guide.

Don't know how many people are really still playing the top of census or uber HG game anymore, since most people realize it's nothing more than a fool's game with HG common books like FF #48. Especially with all of the current shenanigans going on at CGC with respect to pressing, Ewert, and resubmits.

which is too bad because this book is one of those books that are really undervalued IMO...Surfer is probably THE single most popular character to come out of the late Silver Age, was Stan's favourite character to write, and this character pulls more emotions than almost any other character out there. Too bad he can't pull his own title indefinately.

Okay, I am prepared for another Marvel Fanboy onslaught. The reason Surfer gets no love from Marvel is because Marvel, in the last 20 years has not had solid writers. It's getting better but they have literally made Spiderman into Stewart Smalley. Why? Why? Why? I can only hope with the better talent the have been acquiring that it gets better. Maybe then a Surfer title will be treated with some respect.

Okay, I am prepared for another Marvel Fanboy onslaught. The reason Surfer gets no love from Marvel is because Marvel, in the last 20 years has not had solid writers. It's getting better but they have literally made Spiderman into Stewart Smalley. Why? Why? Why? I can only hope with the better talent the have been acquiring that it gets better. Maybe then a Surfer title will be treated with some respect.

Very good...i was meaning to write that and i forgot too...i think a kick [embarrassing lack of self control] writer could really make something out of this sad character...i mean he has it all....awsome power, a wide range of emotions, lots of history to draw as far as villians...just awsome creation...even a cool vehicle for getting around...thank goodness Stan didn't have him riding around in a Volkswagen beetle/van like the rest of the Surfers of the day tongue.gif

OK I'll shut up now on the topic as i think every one gets the idea...

Isnt that Galactus's first appearance too? Now he can be my king anyday! Hes more important than the Sissy Surfer. Kidding....I dig the Surfer too. I used to surf and the east coast of Florida. How many copies of FF 48 are there in 9.8? Im too lazy to look.

Don't know if this was posted or not. What do you think the final price will be???

here it is

001_big.jpg

Final price will most likely be $0.00 since I strongly doubt that this one will even hit the opening bid price. Just way too many high grade copies of this book around, coupled with the fact that this book is starting to come down in price as evident by Overstreet's decrease in the 2005 price guide.

Don't know how many people are really still playing the top of census or uber HG game anymore, since most people realize it's nothing more than a fool's game with HG common books like FF #48. Especially with all of the current shenanigans going on at CGC with respect to pressing, Ewert, and resubmits.

You're right on every account. But if the movie (whenever it happens) comes anything close to capturing the appeal of the Early FF surfers and SS #1-18, Surfer and Galactus books will get a huge boost. Even FF48, despite is be so plentiful. God, I hope they do that movie right. Not for the sake of the comics, I just so much want to see justice done to the story.