• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very turned around here? Wanting to get cards graded but have no clue how this site works?

2 posts in this topic

Hello! I hope your all having a good day today! I will be honest, I have been a collector for years and I've only recently thought about getting my cards graded, but this site is so confusing to me? I've been clicking around for a moment not but I truely can't seem to find a q&a area, or just a solid place to get an estimate on the pricing for cards?

I saw that there was a bulk option for 25 graded cards, but then the economy didn't seem to have a minimum? Let's say I wanted to get 10 pokemon cards graded; what tier do I select? What would be the estimated price range? (No specific add ons really? I've got some bigger pulls but I don't really understand the add ons not do I think they're needed really?)

And would anyone have advice on a good way to ship the cards? I've been using a penny sleeve and a top loader; will CGC have any issues will accepting something like that?

I guess overall if y'all have any advice on this because I'm truely lost, or is there is a q&a section someone could point me towards that would be amazing!!! Thank you for your time and help, have a wonderful rest of your day today!!!

Edit; When it mentions the value of the cards? That does mean ungraded yes? What if we really wouldn't be sure of the value, and if I were to choose the bulk option, does the value total have to be equal or less then the posted amount? Or is that per card?

Edited by nbjazz

If you haven’t seen it yet, I think a lot of your questions are addressed in the pages linked here:  https://www.cgccards.com/submit/how-to-submit/

In general, only the bulk tier has a minimum number of cards. The higher tiers cost more but have faster turnaround times if that’s important for you, and don’t require a minimum. If each of your cards are valued (ungraded) at less than $500, you could simply use the economy tier for example. If you have cards that are valued more, select a higher tier. The value is per card and is just your best estimate of the fair market value (eg check eBay’s completed prices). 

CGC recommends submitting cards in penny sleeves and then put in semi-rigid holders.