• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

flaw inside holder

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

A few days ago I received my newly graded Hulk 181 from CGC.  While I'm very happy with the grade - there's a flaw - actually a few smudges or scrapes inside the case.  I've two questions. 

First - out of simple curiosity - any ideas how this could have happened in between the picture taken by CGC and its arrival here.  It's definitely a flaw inside the case. 

Second - how do I approach having this fixed.  I sent an email on Thursday and hoped to hear back right away.  Crickets.  I see there's a deadline involved in requesting a repair/replacement.  Also - will I have to pay shipping and insurance for the return of the book to CGC? OK -that's  three questions.

Thanks in advance.

~ Cindy image.thumb.jpeg.dd505ca1092d3ae90de496b9e59ddd40.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.592ae2e7d8641a019ab3fe324894ce15.jpeg

On 3/5/2023 at 6:37 AM, KaileeS CS said:

Hello @Cee BeeSLO, thank you for contacting CGC. I have located your email to us and responded to you there with the instructions on how to get this resolved. Please let me know via email if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

Thank you SO much Kailee - I appreciate your response.  The book is re-packed for its trek back.

I'm still curious about the process - or reason - flaws that are inside the case don't show up on the high resolution picture?  If anyone at all has thoughts...  just curious.

• Administrator

Hello @Cee BeeSLO

Thank you for your reply. It is possible that some flaws may simply be manufacturing defects on the holder. It is difficult to tell without examining the holder in hand. The reflective nature of the plastic can make it hard to see some scuffs or small flaws in photos, particularly if the defects are on the inner well. 

Once we receive your book, we will get it placed in a new holder and return it to you as quickly as possible. 

Regards,