• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jackson "Butch" Guice just did his first ever commission list and it is still going
2 2

33 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2023 at 9:19 PM, Will_K said:

Nope. Saw it yesterday, and loved it. 

I’ve been staying away from commissions, for the most part, for a couple of years. Picked up some other things lately, however.

On 7/28/2023 at 8:08 PM, Brian Peck said:

Ya poser covers which I am not a fan of.

This is what pinups were for right? To me, the best combo is have a story cover, and at the back of the book a pose pinup of one of the lead characters from that issue. Or a process piece, or something.

Back in 2018, he was doing commissions as a Kickstarter perk for Swords of the Swashbucklers. I opted for one and requested Simon and Emma from Crossgen's Ruse (I still miss that publisher). About the same time, he asked people on FB what their favorite Ruse cover was. I voted for number one. Which I show here:
image.thumb.png.0b1e83eda50679bba95bec581e71d6df.png

He replied to me, "Well, you are going to like your commission." I think you can see why I agree with him. Click either image to embiggen.

image.thumb.jpeg.f8f077e23db2b5fd16045cf6ba6d87a6.jpeg

Edited by alxjhnsn

On 8/27/2023 at 4:18 PM, alxjhnsn said:

Back in 2018, he was doing commissions as a Kickstarter perk for Swords of the Swashbucklers. I opted for one and requested Simon and Emma from Crossgen's Ruse (I still miss that publisher). About the same time, he asked people on FB what their favorite Ruse cover was. I voted for number one. Which I show here:
image.thumb.png.0b1e83eda50679bba95bec581e71d6df.png

He replied to me, "Well, you are going to like your commission." I think you can see why I agree with him. Click either image to embiggen.

image.thumb.jpeg.f8f077e23db2b5fd16045cf6ba6d87a6.jpeg

It's these types of interactions that add a little extra. Awesome.

On 4/20/2024 at 7:16 PM, Will_K said:

I got mine around the end of March.  Have yet to post it on CAF. 

bcgaguice.jpg

WOW, too cool!!! Now that is a great bit of artistic wizardry! Commissions that successfully convey subtle gestures and emotion are more impressive than the ones with characters beating the out of each other.