• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Haven't kept up with prices, advice appreciated (Pokemon)

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys.  Grew up during the start of the Pokemon craze (can't believe it's been 25 years).  Bought a ton of packs and even pulled a charizard in my first ever pack lol  (That's graded already).  Just been cleaning out one of my storage units and found about 3 shoe boxes full of TCG cards.  They're all from base set (x/102), Jungle (x/64), and Fossil (x/62).  They're all in pretty good shape (probably a 7+ on everything).  So, what's worth submitting and what should I just sell raw?  Appreciate everyone's time on this because I have no clue what is worth it these days.  Thanks!

2 quick questions:

• Are they 1st Edition or Unlimited?
  • Are they complete sets, including holos?

Generally speaking, vintage holos are almost always worth grading. After that, I'd do personal favorite and fan favorites.

If you have complete sets, it might be worth selling them all raw. Complete set of Unlimited Fossil goes for $450-$500 consistently per recent ebay sales. 

On 3/7/2023 at 4:07 PM, r1v3r said:

2 quick questions:

• Are they 1st Edition or Unlimited?
  • Are they complete sets, including holos?

Generally speaking, vintage holos are almost always worth grading. After that, I'd do personal favorite and fan favorites.

If you have complete sets, it might be worth selling them all raw. Complete set of Unlimited Fossil goes for $450-$500 consistently per recent ebay sales. 

Mixed, some unlimited, some 1st edition, some shadowless.  Complete sets including holos and numerous multiples.  My dad would get my brother and I boxes of Pokemon card packs.  Collection I have is easily 3,000 cards.

On 3/7/2023 at 11:27 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Mixed, some unlimited, some 1st edition, some shadowless.  Complete sets including holos and numerous multiples.  My dad would get my brother and I boxes of Pokemon card packs.  Collection I have is easily 3,000 cards.

essentially the holos & red cheeks pika.  none of the common/uncommon unless they have shots at 10s and thats very unlikely with cgc

On 3/10/2023 at 2:52 PM, Iceman399 said:

essentially the holos & red cheeks pika.  none of the common/uncommon unless they have shots at 10s and thats very unlikely with cgc

So i scanned a few, are these worth sending off?

Document_20230321_0001.jpg

Document_20230321_0002.jpg

On 3/21/2023 at 10:52 AM, jaybuck43 said:

So i scanned a few, are these worth sending off?

Document_20230321_0001.jpg

Document_20230321_0002.jpg

None of them are huge money, whether or not they are worth grading will be basically how perfect they are and what value you want to get out of them.  As a 7 most of them are about $40, however most of them would likely sell pretty well as a raw card for $10-20.  Now if they are an 8 or a 9 they start to push 50-80+++ which is where I'd personally think it becomes more profitable to send them in.  Looks like from the scans I can see some pretty big scratches on the Hitmonchan and Magneton (however that could be the glass of the scanner)

On 3/21/2023 at 11:21 AM, Iceman399 said:

None of them are huge money, whether or not they are worth grading will be basically how perfect they are and what value you want to get out of them.  As a 7 most of them are about $40, however most of them would likely sell pretty well as a raw card for $10-20.  Now if they are an 8 or a 9 they start to push 50-80+++ which is where I'd personally think it becomes more profitable to send them in.  Looks like from the scans I can see some pretty big scratches on the Hitmonchan and Magneton (however that could be the glass of the scanner)

Naw, you have it right.  Not the scanner.  So I'll just sell them all raw.  Thanks!