• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Titans Spotlight on Jericho #3 Pink Mark Error

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone else noticed the pink mark error on this book? Mine is in the top right corner in the info box just left of the issue number. I noticed the same thing on the picture for the listing on gocollect and I've seen others where the marks are scattered but always in the top right quadrant. 

I’d say look at copies on eBay to get an idea of how common

but other than that, this seems like the kind of thing to provide a picture of

Searching Ebay, I can find exactly zero copies with a similar mark.

Honestly, I don't think this is a production error. I think that's a mark from a bright pink marker or highlighter or something along those lines.

On 3/8/2023 at 8:18 PM, Qalyar said:

Searching Ebay, I can find exactly zero copies with a similar mark.

Honestly, I don't think this is a production error. I think that's a mark from a bright pink marker or highlighter or something along those lines.

Here’s one with the mark, though it’s above the price box.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265736990509?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338825302

TEEN TITANS SPOTLIGHT ON JERICHO #3 OCTOBER1986 NM NEAR MINT 9.4 WOLFMAN  eBay.png

Edited by steveinthecity

On 3/9/2023 at 1:35 AM, steveinthecity said:

Here’s one with the mark, though it’s above the price box.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265736990509?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338825302

TEEN TITANS SPOTLIGHT ON JERICHO #3 OCTOBER1986 NM NEAR MINT 9.4 WOLFMAN  eBay.png

I do perhaps stand corrected then. However, since the two marks not only do not match in terms of position, but also shape and orientation, I don't think this can possibly be any sort of consistent "error". Random bits and bobs of ink misbehaving are pretty common and not generally of significant collector interest.

On 3/9/2023 at 5:57 AM, Qalyar said:

I do perhaps stand corrected then. However, since the two marks not only do not match in terms of position, but also shape and orientation, I don't think this can possibly be any sort of consistent "error". Random bits and bobs of ink misbehaving are pretty common and not generally of significant collector interest.

I agree. Just an example of print quality in that era, but nothing to get excited about.  Just poking around online turns up any number of these cover flaws.

Teen Titans Spotlight 3 (dc Comics) Copper Age  Google Shopping.png

Search Teen titans spotlight 3  HipComic.png