• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

selecting grading category question

3 posts in this topic

Hi, this is my first time ever having cards graded. I have decided to have some of my more valuable cards in my collection graded. I am unsure on the prices of different categories. Most of the cards I am submitting are well under $1000 in value only a couple are over. So my question is if I select the express grading tier it is showing me a $70 fee for each of my cards when most are NOT over $1000. If I go with that tier to cover the value of the couple that are over $1000 will I be refunded/price adjusted for the cards that fall well below that and into the express range? Turn around times are irrelevant to me since I do not intend to sell the cards at this time just wanting them graded. I just dont really want to pay $70 for a card to be graded that may only be worth $150. I am just trying to figure out which category I need to select. thank you for any advice.

You will not be refunded for cards that are well below the tier max value. Instead, you can split your cards into different batches, one for high value cards and one for low value cards, and submit them under different tiers.  You will have to pay additional fees (e.g. separate return shipping costs for each batch), but that should still be cheaper than submitting everything under the express tier.