• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convention CGC SS
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hey, everyone.  So I have a book that's CGC SS with an autograph by the cover artist.  I have the opportunity to get an additional autograph by the actor depicted on the cover at a convention this summer.  However, traditionally CGC is not on location for whatever reason, but CBCS almost always is.  I know I can have CBCS verify the cover artist signature (especially if they crack the case) and witness the actor's signature, but I feel this is kinda gonna affect its value and is just a bit too much of a process.  Are there other options?  Is there a way of finding local CGC certified witnesses that may be attending the convention and somehow send it in to CGC that would be acceptable?  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

Neil 

On 3/10/2023 at 10:41 PM, Devon Foggbottom said:

Hey, everyone.  So I have a book that's CGC SS with an autograph by the cover artist.  I have the opportunity to get an additional autograph by the actor depicted on the cover at a convention this summer.  However, traditionally CGC is not on location for whatever reason, but CBCS almost always is.  I know I can have CBCS verify the cover artist signature (especially if they crack the case) and witness the actor's signature, but I feel this is kinda gonna affect its value and is just a bit too much of a process.  Are there other options?  Is there a way of finding local CGC certified witnesses that may be attending the convention and somehow send it in to CGC that would be acceptable?  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

Neil 

Neil,

Knowing the show is rather important for answering this question. While CGC doesn't go to every show. CGC Facilitators (Witnesses that work alongside cgc) do make a healthy amount of appearances throughout the year. Several, are known for doing certain types of shows/are at the same shows. They don't always necessarily have a booth either so mailing in/meeting up at a show could work if you are fortunate enough to be at a show they are attending. I met one by accident at a show because I saw them with a hand cart strapped with a few short boxes with books window bagged and the rest is history.

Thanks, cgcsketcherz.  It's the CO Springs CO Con.   Any idea how to find CGC Facilitators?  It's been typically dominated by CBCS, which is fine.  I just have the book below that I'd like to get signed by Bruce Campbell.  If anyone know of a CGC Facilitator locally that would be appreciated.  Thx.

Neil

image.thumb.png.d056f8cc38ad2432ab1b356a83b37ae4.png

Go to the signature sub forum on these very boards and dig around, then ask around.  If you’re still not getting any hits, offer a bounty for cgc as facilitators to come.

they generally don’t travel unless they are guaranteed a certain amount of money for their time and effort.