• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you know about Nuts! humor magazine?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I just bought the first (only?) 10 issues of Nuts! and I can't seem to find much of anything about it at all.  I haven't personally owned anything particularly uncommon or rare - as far as monetary value goes, would these be worth more raw, or graded?  As this seems fairly uncommon, I'd imagine that some collectors out there would rather buy these to read than to display or hide away in a closet.

1.jpg

So, I can tell you a bit about the magazine itself. This was an English-language translation of the Quebecois magazine Safarir, which had a much longer publication history (until 2016). Nuts! ended up with a higher cover price than its competitors and, being honest here, has really terrible quality translations. It barely saw US distribution, and sold poorly in its native Canada.

As far as monetary value goes, this is pretty niche stuff. There are certainly people asking high prices for some issues, but are they getting those prices? I am not convinced. Regarding slabbing, magazine slabbing has a turnaround time of about a million years, and this title hasn't ever been slabbed. So you'd be in doubly-unexplored territory trying to market encapsulated copies.

I suspect these are better off raw, but I'm not even going to try to speculate on what this run might actually be worth 

Edited by Qalyar